Mercer 2019/2020

14 hours ago, jlberan83 said:

I noticed the narrative/essay on the supplemental application doesn’t give a specific length it should be? Does anybody have any recommendations how long it should be? Thanks in advance! 

I am aiming for 300-500 words. I feel like that's long enough to go in depth but not too long that it gets boring and things are reiterated 

23 minutes ago, cbj25 said:

I got an interview invite this morning!!! It is December 6th. My application was marked complete on 11/11! Good luck everyone! Hopefully I will get to meet some of you there. 

Omg Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats with us? Did you write a long narrative in the supplemental? I’m starting to think mine was too short after reading the comments above. 

11 minutes ago, ahernandez said:

Omg Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats with us? Did you write a long narrative in the supplemental? I’m starting to think mine was too short after reading the comments above. 

Sure!  

GPA- 3.81    sGPA- 3.75    GRE- 314     Around 615 direct patient care hours.  And I am an officer for my school's Pre-PA Association. For the supplemental, my reply was around 450 words if i remember correctly. 

Edited by cbj25
  • Like 2

Congrats to everyone who has an interview on Friday! One thing I will advise you to remember is even though you're on an interview, don't forget the school is on an interview for you too. Ask questions and really try to find out if Mercer is where you want to be! And don't be afraid to ask the same question to multiple people because everyone's experiences are different ! I'll be there on Friday so don't be shy 🙂 Let me know if you guys need anything! I can't tell you exact question you'll be asked but I can help with your delivery and give you a little bit of encouragement.

On 12/2/2019 at 12:52 PM, Roadtopaspac said:

Congrats to everyone who has an interview on Friday! One thing I will advise you to remember is even though you're on an interview, don't forget the school is on an interview for you too. Ask questions and really try to find out if Mercer is where you want to be! And don't be afraid to ask the same question to multiple people because everyone's experiences are different ! I'll be there on Friday so don't be shy 🙂 Let me know if you guys need anything! I can't tell you exact question you'll be asked but I can help with your delivery and give you a little bit of encouragement.

Any idea on how many interview dates there will be and if it is rolling admission? I'm trying to see if it's too late to apply. I submitted other CASPA applications in July so I have already been verified

10 hours ago, cohei said:

Any idea on how many interview dates there will be and if it is rolling admission? I'm trying to see if it's too late to apply. I submitted other CASPA applications in July so I have already been verified

It is definitely not too late for you to apply. There are some people in my class who didn't apply until March. I believe it is rolling admission because our school reviews the interviewees the week after interview day. A lot of people get their acceptance before the next interview date. Depending on how many people get accepted each time determines how many interview dates there are but on average there has been one a month and 2 in May . So 7.

Loved meeting all of you at the interview today! Nice to put some faces to the names 🙂 Congrats on completing the interview process for Mercer! The hardest part is over. All you need to do now is relax. Hopefully they will return to everyone with something within the next month. If you don't hear anything don't panic. If you haven't heard anything, your interview is going to be considered for the next class at least until May. No news can be good news ! Again, if you need anything let me know ! Follow our class' instagram for the inside scoop on student life ! @MERCERPA2021

• Like 3

Hello! Thank you for making yourself available to questions. Do you know how big Mercer is on PA shadow hours and volunteer hours? I did not realize that Mercer’s application cycle is different than most schools until I spoke with someone in admissions. I could apply, but I know I won’t have very many hours in those areas yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/11/2019 at 2:35 PM, Kamelia said:

Hello! Thank you for making yourself available to questions. Do you know how big Mercer is on PA shadow hours and volunteer hours? I did not realize that Mercer’s application cycle is different than most schools until I spoke with someone in admissions. I could apply, but I know I won’t have very many hours in those areas yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey @kamelia! Mercer likes to look at the patient as a whole, so they're not really big on one particular thing. I will say that they want you to at least meet the requirements. Students who are under the requirements won't be considered for an interview.

On 12/12/2019 at 9:58 PM, cuentro7 said:

Interviewed on 12/06 and received a phone call with my acceptance today! So excited to be attending my top choice school starting January 2021! Good luck to everyone out there currently waiting/applying. I'm looking forward to meeting you all when school starts 🙂

Congrats--I received my acceptance that day too! So excited!! Let me know if you find out about a facebook group or anything for accepted students. 🙂 Can't wait to meet you all. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:52 AM, Roadtopaspac said:

Re: the supplemental application. What kind of information are they looking for when they ask if there is anything else we would like them to know ?

11 hours ago, rpeacock said:

Was just extended an offer to interview for January! I am beyond excited to attend - I would love to have some friendly faces so let me know if anyone else will be there!! 

Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you applied and when your file was complete? How did they contact you to extend the offer? TIA

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rpeacock said:

Was just extended an offer to interview for January! I am beyond excited to attend - I would love to have some friendly faces so let me know if anyone else will be there!! 

Congrats! I am also curious if you don't mind sharing when your application file was marked complete? Just trying to get a feel for where they are in the applications! Thanks!

On 12/17/2019 at 12:48 AM, cohei said:

Re: the supplemental application. What kind of information are they looking for when they ask if there is anything else we would like them to know ?

They probably want you to tell them more about yourself. So anything that you didn't get to tell them in the application. Also I take that opportunity to explain any weak points in my application. So maybe why I took anatomy twice. Or why I got a C in organic chem etc.