Mercer 2019/2020

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 2:02 AM, celinac said:

Hey everyone! So I just discovered Mercer's program and am thinking about applying.  Do you think it is too late? I would send in the application within the next few days after I do some updates. Thanks and good luck!

Hope you applied. If you haven't, it's still not too late. Admissions is constantly reviewing applications

16 hours ago, Roadtopaspac said:

There is a group interview as well as a traditional two on one interview. You will also be able to ask current students questions in the student panel. 🙂

Hi! I had gone to an interview session a while back and remember them saying something about MMI interview. Do they not do that anymore or during the 2 on 1 do they just ask situational questions similar to an MMI?

thanks so much for all your help! 

2 hours ago, Ktowe5 said:

Hi! I had gone to an interview session a while back and remember them saying something about MMI interview. Do they not do that anymore or during the 2 on 1 do they just ask situational questions similar to an MMI?

thanks so much for all your help! 

Hi @Ktowe5

Correct. They no longer do the MMI style. Because of this, I am not sure what types of questions are asked (my interview had MMI style questions). What I do know is that every interviewee that has gone through the group interview said it was fun. It's more of a discussion/debate style apparently. So I would think ethical/situational questions would be presented here.

On 1/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, Roadtopaspac said:

Hi @Ktowe5

Correct. They no longer do the MMI style. Because of this, I am not sure what types of questions are asked (my interview had MMI style questions). What I do know is that every interviewee that has gone through the group interview said it was fun. It's more of a discussion/debate style apparently. So I would think ethical/situational questions would be presented here.

For the December interview do you know if we haven’t heard yet, when we will know a decision? I remember them saying maybe after this interview session today that they would review our application again

6 hours ago, davidpa said:

For the December interview do you know if we haven’t heard yet, when we will know a decision? I remember them saying maybe after this interview session today that they would review our application again

I am also curious about this, I haven't heard back from the December interview either.

I submitted everything back in 12/2/19 and everything was complete yet I still haven't heard anything back.  Should I just assume that if by now I haven't gotten an interview invite, I'm rejected?  I have a feeling if by now they haven't said anything, they may think other applicants after me that are more competitive may have a higher chance. 

15 hours ago, ashvip said:

I submitted everything back in 12/2/19 and everything was complete yet I still haven't heard anything back.  Should I just assume that if by now I haven't gotten an interview invite, I'm rejected?  I have a feeling if by now they haven't said anything, they may think other applicants after me that are more competitive may have a higher chance. 

I believe they said they will be interviewing through April or May so don’t give up hope just yet!  

On 1/14/2020 at 9:46 PM, ashvip said:

No, they are always going over applicants. There are people in my class who didn’t receive an invite until April or May. Don’t lose hope! There is still a chance.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:46 PM, ashvip said:

If by March you haven’t heard anything, I would call or email to check on your application. Someone’s got lost in my class so you never know.

On 1/17/2020 at 6:30 PM, NylaL said:

My application file was marked complete on January 13th and I received an invite today for February 17th! Any advice or things to consider? 

Thanks in advance!

Be yourself for sure! They can tell when you’re faking it and they catch on to inconsistencies.
Also, consider that they are on an interview for you too so take time to really think about what you want to get out of your experience in PA school and take time to make questions that cater to those needs. Because at the end of the day, you don’t want to get into just any school. You want to make sure that whatever school you’re giving 2-3 years of your life to will be worth it.

• Like 1