Mercer 2019/2020

14 minutes ago, Roadtopaspac said:

Be yourself for sure! They can tell when you’re faking it and they catch on to inconsistencies.
Also, consider that they are on an interview for you too so take time to really think about what you want to get out of your experience in PA school and take time to make questions that cater to those needs. Because at the end of the day, you don’t want to get into just any school. You want to make sure that whatever school you’re giving 2-3 years of your life to will be worth it.

Thank you!! I really appreciate your time and advice!!

• Like 1

I know you said no news can be good news, but is it alright if I ask whether Mercer waits until the last interview to send rejection emails? My friend applied for Mercer last cycle and submitted everything by early December 2018 but received her rejection email in June 2019. I also submitted everything in November but  still have not heard back. People who submitted later than me are receiving offers for interview, so I just don't know if I should remain hopeful that Mercer is still in the process of evaluating my application or has come to a decision but is just waiting until last interview to inform me.

On 1/23/2020 at 1:12 PM, sabshak said:

Did anyone interview in December and still have not heard back? I was in the first interview group. I have received nothing but radio silence

Hi! I am in the same boat and ended up calling the program yesterday. I spoke with an admissions counselor who told me we were supposed to have been receiving emails through CASPA to update us but she said after checking, it doesn't look like they were being sent. She is looking into fixing this problem so we will hopefully start receiving updates soon. Fingers crossed for all of us who are still in the running for a spot!:)

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2020 at 8:24 PM, prepa12313 said:

I know you said no news can be good news, but is it alright if I ask whether Mercer waits until the last interview to send rejection emails? My friend applied for Mercer last cycle and submitted everything by early December 2018 but received her rejection email in June 2019. I also submitted everything in November but  still have not heard back. People who submitted later than me are receiving offers for interview, so I just don't know if I should remain hopeful that Mercer is still in the process of evaluating my application or has come to a decision but is just waiting until last interview to inform me.

I would call admissions just to check up on your application. Things unfortunately get lost or sent to the wrong place all the time. Follow-up and see how your application is doing. Don't lose hope

On 1/19/2020 at 8:51 PM, Roadtopaspac said:

Be yourself for sure! They can tell when you’re faking it and they catch on to inconsistencies.
Also, consider that they are on an interview for you too so take time to really think about what you want to get out of your experience in PA school and take time to make questions that cater to those needs. Because at the end of the day, you don’t want to get into just any school. You want to make sure that whatever school you’re giving 2-3 years of your life to will be worth it.

Two more questions! 

1. Do you know if the interviewers for the 2 on 1 interview will have access to our CASPA and supplemental application? 

2. Could you describe the Godsey-Matthews Society and its purpose?

Thank you!

On 2/3/2020 at 4:30 PM, NylaL said:

Two more questions! 

1. Do you know if the interviewers for the 2 on 1 interview will have access to our CASPA and supplemental application? 

2. Could you describe the Godsey-Matthews Society and its purpose?

Thank you!

Nyla

Yes they will have access to your applications. They should have them in their hands while they ask you questions. 

Godsey Matthews is an amazing way to not only get students involved, but to also allow certain students with leadership abilities to be the voice for the class. There are individual positions in the society that help make our lives as PA students easier but the thing I like about GMS most is that they act as a liaison between the students and the professors. They are constantly in communication with our professors (and the program director) about what may not be working and what may need to change so that we can reduce the stressful environment of PA school. I have a friend in OT school that doesn't have something like this and I can see the impact that has on her program and her life as a student. Some of the positions include:

President (biggest voice for the class and manages GMS)

VP (another big voice for the class; plans activities for PA week)

AAPA rep (goes to the conference and is a rep for our class)

GAPA rep (GA rep for our class)

Historian (handles instagram acocunt)

Philanthropist  (fundraising)

Outreach chair (plans activities with other programs on campus)

Missions Chair (plans mission trips)

Secretary (sends out emails for the week and takes minutes in meetings

Merchandise Chair (makes all of our shirts and gear)

Treasurer (money)

Social Chair (in charge of all our hangouts)

New Student Chair ( organizes interviews)

I don't know where we'd be without them. 

On 2/6/2020 at 10:57 AM, Roadtopaspac said:

Nyla

Yes they will have access to your applications. They should have them in their hands while they ask you questions. 

Godsey Matthews is an amazing way to not only get students involved, but to also allow certain students with leadership abilities to be the voice for the class. There are individual positions in the society that help make our lives as PA students easier but the thing I like about GMS most is that they act as a liaison between the students and the professors. They are constantly in communication with our professors (and the program director) about what may not be working and what may need to change so that we can reduce the stressful environment of PA school. I have a friend in OT school that doesn't have something like this and I can see the impact that has on her program and her life as a student. Some of the positions include:

President (biggest voice for the class and manages GMS)

VP (another big voice for the class; plans activities for PA week)

AAPA rep (goes to the conference and is a rep for our class)

GAPA rep (GA rep for our class)

Historian (handles instagram acocunt)

Philanthropist  (fundraising)

Outreach chair (plans activities with other programs on campus)

Missions Chair (plans mission trips)

Secretary (sends out emails for the week and takes minutes in meetings

Merchandise Chair (makes all of our shirts and gear)

Treasurer (money)

Social Chair (in charge of all our hangouts)

New Student Chair ( organizes interviews)

I don't know where we'd be without them. 

Thank you so much for this insight! I really appreciate your time!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 8:26 PM, Roadtopaspac said:
Hello Everyone I am a current student at Mercer and I would love to answer any questions that would help you in your application process. Even though I can't tell you exactly what they will ask you on interview day, I can help you understand what we are looking for as a program ! And for all of you who need more info on Mercer or more info on what it's like being a student at Mercer, I can help with that too. Just let me know! 
  •  

Hello! First of all thank you so much for taking the time to be involved in this forum. I have an interview coming up soon and I am so excited for the opportunity! I do have one question-

Is there anything in particular you really enjoy about Mercer or anything you feel makes Mercer unique? 

On 2/8/2020 at 7:34 PM, volgrace said:

Hello! First of all thank you so much for taking the time to be involved in this forum. I have an interview coming up soon and I am so excited for the opportunity! I do have one question-

Is there anything in particular you really enjoy about Mercer or anything you feel makes Mercer unique? 

Hi !

Of course. I am always happy to help 🙂

There are a lot of things that I love about Mercer but the one thing I really love is the atmosphere of the program. The professors do a great job communicating with the students. They also do well at taking criticism and incorporating it into changes made for the program. I can tell that the staff is really there for us. They don't want us to be stressed. They make sure to cultivate a cooperative/ non-competitive atmosphere amongst the students. It's like we're all family and we all have each others' backs (students and professors). We have had tests moved and assignments dropped because the professors realized that they accidentally crammed too many due dates into one week. They also do a great job at easing us into the tough curriculum. The workload first semester was not nearly as hard as second and third, but the foundation that was laid down in first semester helped make the other semesters bearable. When you add that our program has had 100% pance pass rate for the past 4 years, what's not to like? Haha. I knew I wanted to go to Mercer because I knew it would be a place that I could comfortably give 3 years of my life to.

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2020 at 4:10 PM, Roadtopaspac said:

Hi !

Of course. I am always happy to help 🙂

There are a lot of things that I love about Mercer but the one thing I really love is the atmosphere of the program. The professors do a great job communicating with the students. They also do well at taking criticism and incorporating it into changes made for the program. I can tell that the staff is really there for us. They don't want us to be stressed. They make sure to cultivate a cooperative/ non-competitive atmosphere amongst the students. It's like we're all family and we all have each others' backs (students and professors). We have had tests moved and assignments dropped because the professors realized that they accidentally crammed too many due dates into one week. They also do a great job at easing us into the tough curriculum. The workload first semester was not nearly as hard as second and third, but the foundation that was laid down in first semester helped make the other semesters bearable. When you add that our program has had 100% pance pass rate for the past 4 years, what's not to like? Haha. I knew I wanted to go to Mercer because I knew it would be a place that I could comfortably give 3 years of my life to.

Wonderful! Thank you for the information! Another question, do you suggest bringing copies of resume/CV/references? I know you said these would be available to interviewers, but I don’t want to seem unprepared by not having them. 

Thank you again! 

On 2/15/2020 at 7:05 PM, volgrace said:

Wonderful! Thank you for the information! Another question, do you suggest bringing copies of resume/CV/references? I know you said these would be available to interviewers, but I don’t want to seem unprepared by not having them. 

Thank you again! 

No problem! I brought copies to all of my interviews and never had to hand them out. I don't think it's necessary. Mercer won't ask you for it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, tplcon said:

Just wanted to share with everyone. I am very nervous about my interview with Mercer tomorrow. Probably everyone who has the interview feels the same way. I wish you all good luck. I hope it's going to be a good day and we all be relieved with good news later on.

Good luck! I know you're here right now and I hope everything went well!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Swhite said:

Hi everyone! I am applying to Mercer next round, and just curious about stats of those who got accepted this round if anyone wants to share! Thanks in advance & congratulations 😊

Just got accepted last week!

GPA: 3.97

Science GPA: 3.9

GRE: 311, writing 4.5

PCE Hours: 1,000

Best of luck!! ❤️

• Like 1