What type of Stethoscope do you use?

What type of Stethoscope do you use?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Stethoscope do you use?

• Harvey Elite
    • Littmann Cardiology III
    • Littmann Master Cardiology
    • Other

Whatever is laying around. My personal steth is a electronic littman that amplifies sound. I keep it in my bag because I'm afraid it will get stolen and I pull it out of my bag when there is a concern.

How do you like the amplified littman?

I currently use a Welch Allyn Harvey Elite but have recently suffered some SNHL in both ears and my audiologist suggests the littman 3200. I'm deciding between that and another brand that has over the ear earphones. I'm leaning towards the littman b/c it looks more normal but want first hand opinions.

Sorry to thread jack, OP, but i figure its on topic. ;)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

I like it a lot. I busted my ear drum wake boarding at 18 and my hearing has ever been quite the same. I always have to carry a AAA battery around because when it dies it is useless, but I never struggle to hear sounds and often pick up on missed murmurs and S3. They state it picks up on 75% of missed murmurs and I believe it with my experience. It's been invaluable since I worked in a cardiac ICU.

ETA: one complaint is the "chrome" plating. It's plastic and it chips and flakes, but considering its 4 years old so it is to be expected. Still works as good as day one though.

I like it a lot. I busted my ear drum wake boarding at 18 and my hearing has ever been quite the same. I always have to carry a AAA battery around because when it dies it is useless, but I never struggle to hear sounds and often pick up on missed murmurs and S3. They state it picks up on 75% of missed murmurs and I believe it with my experience. It's been invaluable since I worked in a cardiac ICU.

ETA: one complaint is the "chrome" plating. It's plastic and it chips and flakes, but considering its 4 years old so it is to be expected. Still works as good as day one though.

Thx oneal for the recommendation. I'm prob gonna,get the 3200 with the Bluetooth app that can send the sound and waveform to my phone so I can visualize the S1, S2 etc

The Harvey was awesome until my hearing loss. I have a hard time hearing anything quieter than a 3/6

Thx oneal for the recommendation. I'm prob gonna,get the 3200 with the Bluetooth app that can send the sound and waveform to my phone so I can visualize the S1, S2 etc

The Harvey was awesome until my hearing loss. I have a hard time hearing anything quieter than a 3/6

Weird double post....

My littman 3200 just arrived. I tried auscultating my son's chest and abdomen and it was Crystal clear. I tried with my Harvey elite and I couldn't hear a thing. so for anyone with moderate SNHL like me, this seems to do the trick. It also came with the software (windows only :mad: ) that allows you to record and send a recording and/or visual readout to your laptop so you can keep in the pts record or have a colleague listen to it to confirm your findings. Very High Tech....I got it on sale for 349. Not bad.

• 1 month later...
Just ordered my Littman Electronic ... finally get a few hundred to spare and what do I blow it on but patient care lol ...

I hope u like it heme. I'm getting used to it. I LOVED my Harvey Elite but with my SNHL, I was forced to get am amplified and the 3200 is what my AudD suggested. It works adequately but my hearing loss still makes it a little hard and I have to still really concentrate. All in all, it allowed me to go back to work!

Hope u like it.

I will never go back.

LOL...I know its nice. But like I said I HAVE to use it so I have no choice. The Harvey was a gift from my late mentor so it will always be special but the 3200 lets me work. I havent even used the BT function yet.

LOL...I know its nice. But like I said I HAVE to use it so I have no choice. The Harvey was a gift from my late mentor so it will always be special but the 3200 lets me work. I havent even used the BT function yet.

Dude, I feel like I'm holding the heart in my hands ... you can hear absolutely everything. Perfect!

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard conflicting information, for the 3200 can you in fact download sounds to your phone, or does it have to be sent to a computer? I would hope they have software for a smartphone, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

It's to your windows PC for now.

Just found pneumonia lower posterior lobe with my 3100 that my coworker missed with her littman cardio! YEA!!

I actually have a problem with the breath sounds but its because my hearing loss is more the higher frequencies but the 3200 is much better than the Harvey for me b/c with a non amplified I can't hear jack!

Archived