University of Oklahoma 2019-2020 Cycle

Hello guys! I'm a recent grad from OUHSC PA program. I am happy to answer any questions you may have! My profile has stats in case you are curious for my class. Good luck to you all!

Hello,

Would you be able to provide some insight on how the interview day goes? What is the interview format? Thank you so much and congratulations!!!! [emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview day in my experience is very laid back. It is a one-on-one interview with one to two interviewers asking you questions. There will be light treats and you will take a campus tour with current students, so bring comfortable shoes and jackets. Feel free to ask them anything! However, the student guides don't have any input on the interviewing process. Be sure to bring an updated resume if yours has changed since you last uploaded it. When I interviewed for OU, Caspr wasn't a thing, so I have no advice for you there. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 11:19 PM, stefhanie said:

Is it currently snowing in Oklahoma? And will there be snow the first week of January?

It is not snowing in oklahoma currently but the weather changed frequently. Last year there was a snow storm the day I interviewed. However, for the past week the highs have been in the 60's and lows above freezing.

2 hours ago, SydneyLaurent said:

Question for current students...

Would you say that the program focuses on rural healthcare or is involved in rural healthcare in any way? I know that a primary goal of the program is to “prepare and promote students to deliver healthcare to disadvantaged populations,” but I can’t decide if that means rural or not. TIA!!

If you look at OK, very few big cities (OKC, Tulsa, and surrounding areas). Most of the state is rural.

Edited by MediMurphy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jazzobean said:

Hey everyone! 

good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow& to those that have already interviewed. Does anyone have any tips for how the interview process goes? Will CASPR, or CASPR- Like questions be brought up at all?

thank you!

It was very laid back! They really only asked questions about what was on your application and resume, and there was nothing about CASPER. Good luck! 

Just now, Kelsharm said:

Do you know if they contact you for rejection too? I can’t remember.

From my understanding they will email if you are rejected or waitlisted and call if you are accepted. They told me when I interviewed on Monday that their goal is to call today. However, they can get busy and so calls may go out tomorrow. But, by wednesday everyone should know whether they are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. Additionally, the staff member you interviewed with will be the one calling you if you are accepted. 

• Like 1