Colorado Mesa 2019-2020

21 hours ago, PAspouse2020 said:

Question for the group. My wife was recently accepted to CMU. We are very grateful and she loves the school, location, and her interview experience. The only potential disadvantage is moving our family a long distance. We are waiting to hear from two local schools where she interviewed. One is a January start and the other is May. When do you all feel is a reasonable time to let CMU know if she isn’t coming? If you are on the waitlist, would mid-November allow you enough time? Earlier? Later? Thank you and good luck to everyone applying! 

I would let CMU know as soon as she receives an acceptance from one of the other schools (if she receives an acceptance). It's never really 'too late' to let a school know you're not coming, you can back out any time before the program starts. But to be courteous toward the program and other students on the wait list, it's best to let them know immediately after getting that other acceptance. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 9:38 AM, PAspouse2020 said:

Question for the group. My wife was recently accepted to CMU. We are very grateful and she loves the school, location, and her interview experience. The only potential disadvantage is moving our family a long distance. We are waiting to hear from two local schools where she interviewed. One is a January start and the other is May. When do you all feel is a reasonable time to let CMU know if she isn’t coming? If you are on the waitlist, would mid-November allow you enough time? Earlier? Later? Thank you and good luck to everyone applying! 

Mid-November is plenty of time to notify. Programs understand that students are waiting to hear back from other programs and have had students notify them a week before the curriculum starts, but I think since this program starts in January, they would appreciate mid-December at the latest!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, paPassion7 said:

Congrats on the acceptance, I was pulled off the waitlist today! Do you happen to know if there is a Facebook group set up for accepted students?

Congrats on getting accepted!!

We were supposed to get everyone's contact information today by email. I'm not sure if there are any groups set up yet.

Edited by 1FutureColoradoPA1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, CCCorson said:

I was pulled from the waitlist on Friday!! I had been waitlisted twice for this program and could not be happier to have been given an opportunity to begin my dream! Patience and diligence is truly the key! Keep your head up everyone!!! 

Congrats!! Did you interview on July 19th?

• 2 weeks later...