2019-2020 application cycle

Hey guys! I am the MAPA rep for the Class of 2021, and I just wanted to pass on the MAPA Fall Mixer in Troy at Mon Jin Lau on November 21st at 6pm (Next Thursday!). It is a great chance for you to mingle!!! You can register at this link: https://www.michiganpa.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1283381 

I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you there!!

Edited by LER21

1 hour ago, Stephanieholl4 said:

Not everyone has a Facebook so I don’t think that is a good representative of how many people got calls.

Sure but 50% of a class don’t? I dunno it’s 2019 I feel like most do. This form has 13K views too I dunno I feel like most people are lurking. I guess I’d rather be hopeful than negative right now but that’s just me! 
Best of luck, T

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HopefulPA12 said:

Sure but 50% of a class don’t? I dunno it’s 2019 I feel like most do. This form has 13K views too I dunno I feel like most people are lurking. I guess I’d rather be hopeful than negative right now but that’s just me! 
Best of luck, T

No negativity here! I’m holding on to as much hope as I can like everyone! I was just pointing out that there could be more than 25, not that every spot was taken! Hopefully we hear something soon! 🙂 🤞🏽

• Like 1

Yeah tbh I'm a little turned off by the program for keeping everyone in the blind. Some of us have other programs waiting and, although that isn't their problem, it's a little inconsiderate to let one group know they're accepted while keeping another group in the dark completely.

Definitely a downfall of the new leadership of the program.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

First of all, for those who have heard back, congratulations on your acceptance! For those still waiting, I'm sorry for your frustration, but don't lose hope--it's not over until you've officially received notification stating otherwise. Unfortunately I also know nothing about how they're handling the admission process this year, but I'm positive that, like the entirety of PA education everywhere, there's a method behind the madness.

I'm the interview/orientation chair of the Class of 2020 and I just wanted to come on here and say I'm open to being a resource for anyone who may have any questions about clinical year. I know how important it was for me to gain both a first and second year student perspective of various programs before choosing where I landed. So if anyone has any questions about that or any other aspect of our program, feel free to send me a message!

Take care & know I'm wishing the best for you all!

Tanner H

• Like 5