2019-2020 Cycle

1 hour ago, Bgirl99 said:

Has anyone who were accepted or applied this cycle have any C's in prereq's? I currently have C's in Anatomy & Physiology. Worried I will not get in for the next PA cycle when I apply. Anything will help. Thanks!

I had a C+ in the second semester of A&P and got an interview. Still haven’t heard back yet though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!!! So I got accepted in Campbell and ECU, and I am very grateful for that. I just have been having a hard time deciding between the two, solely because of cost: ECU is about $43k and Campbell is about $86k.

Both great schools with great reps. I really liked Campbell but I just can't get myself to turn down such a cheap tuition from a great school! Cost is a big factor for me and a lot of my friends said that cost shouldn't be a deciding factor, but $43k difference is a lot haha like imagine the things you could do with that. I also do not qualify for most scholarships (especially need based ones).

Campbell: Great facilities, great staff, great location for rotations (I want to work in Triangle area at some point, i.e. WakeMed), 98% avg PANCE pass rate, $86k tuition

ECU: Good facilities, good staff, ok for location for rotations, 100% avg PANCE pass rate, $43k tuition

I honestly could be happy at either school, I just would love advice and insight on how I should go about deciding. Congrats to those who have been accepted! And good luck to those still waiting! 🙂

@NCPA996

You’re in a position a lot of people would love to be in. I’d visit the schools again- I know Campbell does accepted students day and you get to interact with current students. I’m a first year now and yeah debt is scary but it will pay itself off in the long run. I don’t think that should be your determining factor.

Campbell also has opportunities for varying scholarships you can apply to. 

one thing maybe to consider is timing of when you’ll be done. Campbell is 24 months and I think ecu is a little longer- don’t know if that’ll after your decision.

Buies creek is also cheap to live in with minimal distraction to studying- have to figure out why works for you. If you have housing in the triangle area you can move there for rotations (maybe save rent)- so ideally you’re in the creek for a year.

tuition is scary but I feel like I have been provided so many resources, support and really enjoy the method in which we are taught. 

if you have any questions feel free to reach out 

On 12/31/2019 at 7:19 AM, kmanring said:

@NCPA996

You’re in a position a lot of people would love to be in. I’d visit the schools again- I know Campbell does accepted students day and you get to interact with current students. I’m a first year now and yeah debt is scary but it will pay itself off in the long run. I don’t think that should be your determining factor.

Campbell also has opportunities for varying scholarships you can apply to. 

one thing maybe to consider is timing of when you’ll be done. Campbell is 24 months and I think ecu is a little longer- don’t know if that’ll after your decision.

Buies creek is also cheap to live in with minimal distraction to studying- have to figure out why works for you. If you have housing in the triangle area you can move there for rotations (maybe save rent)- so ideally you’re in the creek for a year.

tuition is scary but I feel like I have been provided so many resources, support and really enjoy the method in which we are taught. 

if you have any questions feel free to reach out 

Thank you so much for your response! I decided that I would choose ECU because it was just so much cheaper and I talked to some people that went there and really liked it. I will say, I liked the family feeling of Campbell a lot, the staff really go above and beyond to make the students feel comfortable. I wish you the best of luck in your studies, and thank you again for your response 🙂

• 2 weeks later...