FIU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, Wishinandhoping16 said:

Just finished the test. Man, you really had to think quickly and type fast! 

I know! I felt so stressed during it lol. Hoping I do well. I'm wondering if this will have any effect on our application even though we have already been conditionally accepted??

2 minutes ago, Maddie88 said:

I know! I felt so stressed during it lol. Hoping I do well. I'm wondering if this will have any effect on our application even though we have already been conditionally accepted??

I don't think it will! Unless they had to flag our test because of inappropriate responses or something like that, lol...Highly unlikely! I'm just glad it's over and I'm checking my mail everyday until that official acceptance letter arrives. I have to keep a sense of humor during these stressful moments.. Congrats, again!

On 4/2/2020 at 5:46 PM, Wishinandhoping16 said:

I'm just glad it's over and I'm checking my mail everyday until that official acceptance letter arrives. I have to keep a sense of humor during these stressful moments

I received my official acceptance letter attached to an email yesterday.  I took the CASPer on 4/2 as well, so I don't think that will effect our applications at this point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roseknigge said:

I received my official acceptance letter attached to an email yesterday.  I took the CASPer on 4/2 as well, so I don't think that will effect our applications at this point. 

Who was the email from, the sender? I want to make sure I keep an eye out for it! 

Hi guys!!! I’ve also been accepted this cycle 🙂 I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on housing or if you guys know what you’re doing yet... I’m not familiar with the area at all. Also curious about the fb group as well!! But I didn’t see anything when I searched

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 3:55 PM, celeryjuice95 said:

Congratulations to all of you guys!!!! That is stinkin awesome!!!

Question though, why exactly is it a conditional acceptance rather than just an acceptance? If someone could clarify! 

thank you!!!

once again congratulations to all three of you guys!!! Yall deserve it! It has not been easy! Haha!

Congratulations everyone! I have my zoom interview this week! I am very excited 🙂 What kind of activities/questions did they ask for group interview?! I've never done a zoom group interview before! 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 4:34 AM, aes376 said:

Hi guys!!! I’ve also been accepted this cycle 🙂 I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on housing or if you guys know what you’re doing yet... I’m not familiar with the area at all. Also curious about the fb group as well!! But I didn’t see anything when I searched

Hi,

I don't know much about what other students are doing. I live in Miami about 25 min away from campus (with rush hr 45 -1 hr away). Here's a link: https://www.fiuoffcampushousing.com/. We will get an invite to the FB once the class is confirmed. Maybe there are others in your position looking for roommates. I just received an email about the deposit for the seat and some additional information. You should be getting it soon or already got it this morning. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maddie88 said:

Received my official acceptance letter today. Can’t wait to meet all of you guys!

Awesome! Now that it's actually sinking in, I'm getting more excited to start and eager meet everyone. I'm trying to get my office desk ready this week. Docking station for laptop, bigger monitor for desk, new comfy desk chair, clearing out clutter from my undergrad work,...lots to do!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smiley11 said:

Congratulations everyone! I have my zoom interview this week! I am very excited 🙂 What kind of activities/questions did they ask for group interview?! I've never done a zoom group interview before! 

Hey! I also have an interview this week and don't know what to expect from the group interview. Have you heard anything?

4 hours ago, Smiley11 said:

1 hour ago, Nervouscandidate said:

Hey! I also have an interview this week and don't know what to expect from the group interview. Have you heard anything?

Hey there! For the group interview we were given an ethical situation and then as a group had to discuss it and make a decision. I found the biggest challenge was the short time in which you are asked to complete it. It was my first zoom interview as well so I was nervous but It went well. Just remember to be yourself and do your best 🙂

Good Luck on your interviews!! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CMG1207 said:

Hey guys ! Is the CASPER test required for admissions? I don't see it online that it is a requirement and I have my Zoom interview on Wednesday. 

It isn’t posted anywhere online, a few days after the interview they reached out telling us it was the next step in the application process. So they’ll probably email you about it some time after the interview!

35 minutes ago, MorganS26 said:

It isn’t posted anywhere online, a few days after the interview they reached out telling us it was the next step in the application process. So they’ll probably email you about it some time after the interview!

Ohhh okay got it ! Thank you so much!! Do you have an idea how long the group and individual interviews are?

8 minutes ago, CMG1207 said:

Ohhh okay got it ! Thank you so much!! Do you have an idea how long the group and individual interviews are?

Mine was in person a little while back, but the group interview was about an hour total I would say. There were two things that we had to do/answer each were about 20 minutes plus all the time in between tasks. The individual was about 30 minutes! But they probably give you a 2 hour window for waiting time- depending what order you get called in

Edited by MorganS26

1 minute ago, MorganS26 said:

Mine was in person a little while back, but the group interview was about an hour total I would say. There were two things that we had to do/answer each were about 20 minutes plus all the time in between tasks.

Oh okay ! I appreciate you answering my questions! If anyone is doing their zoom interview this Wednesday at 9 in the morning, you can contact me if you like!

On 4/8/2020 at 1:53 AM, aes376 said:

Does anyone know what the plan may be if we’re not able to start in time bc of Covid? 

Hi aes376 - I got an email to today and they said that they aren't anticipating classes to be delayed. If things are not back to normal by the time we are scheduled to start, they will have virtual classes. Was anyone able to into the FB group yet? 

Just now, Wishinandhoping16 said:

Hi aes376 - I got an email to today and they said that they aren't anticipating classes to be delayed. If things are not back to normal by the time we are scheduled to start, they will have virtual classes. Was anyone able to into the FB group yet? 

I got that email as well, the link for the FB page didn’t work for me.