New tab in Epic EMR

Guest ral

39 minutes ago, thatgirlonabike said:

I'm saying people with attitudes like Boatswain can drive people to suffer from mental illness.

Wait a minute....because I don't care how one self-identifies that will drive them to suffer a mental illness??

I'm not disparaging them, treating them disrespectfully, or anything like that.  We are all children of God regardless of what you "identify" as.  I literally don't care about what they identify as, I DO care about treating them medically, and treating them with respect.

I'm with Boats mostly... I simply don't care if you identify as male, female, something in between, a hybrid of some kind, or your sexuality works day to day on a sliding scale. I treat everyone the same and do my best to provide good care to everyone.

That is a far cry from disapproving or marginalizing or anything else. In fact it is, from my understanding, what most everyone wants. Freedom to be what you are without judgement or condemnation. I don't have to embrace the issue or have passion for it or special understanding because I treat everyone with respect. Therefore no special anything required. 

There are some in the PC police that think that is inadequate. Sorry about that. You passion and my passion isn't the same and that's ok too....until you come at me.

I’m thinking of a new all inclusive question that I can ask during the history taking, that won’t leave anyone feeling left out, and will help me to identify whom I am addressing.  Perhaps something along the lines of “Do you have any history of ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, epididymitis, or prostatitis?”

It really is too bad that it has come to this but, for every responder that has suggested I need to be educated, do research, or suggestive that I am some type of anti-whatever, each of you can GFY.  Seriously. We need to add a snowflake sub forum on this site, so each of you can go to your safe place.  I won’t respond anymore in this thread, and any of the moderators can feel free to throw it in the waste bin.

This is not my comment but something I read.... believing you are another gender is not materially different in terms of reality belief than someone who sees things that the rest of us don't... a hallucination. That paraphrased comment was written by the chief of psychiatry at an ivy league medical school.

I had a woman who came to see me (she was 81) to tell me about the 3 men that lived in her attic and they sprayed gas into her house at night to knock her out and they raped her every night. This had been going on for 30 years. She had moved to get away but that didn't help. She had called the police before but they just put her in "the booby hatch" and they wouldn't come anymore. This was as real to her as anything any of us see and believe are real every day. She was psychotic. Her beliefs were controlled by the wiring and chemicals in her brain.

A person that is convinced they are another gender believes in something just as unreal. They are not another gender any more than they are a dolphin. Their beliefs are controlled by hormones and brain chemicals and the like as well.

Why one is psychotic and the other is a social cause... I dunno. I'm old.

Archived