Employers who move the goalposts

Guest ral

Nothing bothers me more.  When you don't involve the very people that will be affected by your decisions to make changes, don't expect any loyalty from me.  When you repeatedly redefine my role or responsibilities, without seeking my agreement or approval, you have lost me.  You just don't know it yet.

Corporate Urgent Care.....There very definition of "us vs them".  

I've seen people leave jobs, move states to Texas to take a corporate UC job only to have "corporate" decide after a few months that they are going to close the clinic down thus leaving the provider and his family royally screwed.  I've seen it happen twice in the last 4 years.

There is no loyalty anymore and if you are looking for it, good luck.

I worked with a great NP until recently. The guy did solid work and everyone enjoyed working with him. He remained during a purge of APPs due to the organization always changing the rules unilaterally. The last thing he told me on our last day of work was "I need two things to be happy at work. I need to feel appreciated which I do. I need to have a voice which I don't and never will."

That summed it up very well in my opinion.

well that does eliminate the issue. Mine has gone that way in the last year. I have found my life easier and myself happier by simply having no expectations. Come to work, see patients, go home. Rules changed again? OK just tell me what they are....

Can't be disappointed if you don't expect anything.

Archived