Job posting with NP salary higher than PA...

My health system (and the 2 other large systems in my area) will pay a new grad NP more starting out than a new grad PA for years worked as a nurse - unless the PA also worked as a nurse, then, all things being equal, they would be paid the same.  I'm not wondering if that has something to do with it?

If you were a patient with no understanding of training, would you rather go see a "Practitioner"? Or an "Assistant"?

Why is this simple point so F'ing hard for people to understand???  WE NEED TO CHANGE OUR F'ING NAME NOW, NOT NEXT YEAR OR THE YEAR AFTER.  NOW!

Good grief...

19 hours ago, Cideous said:

If you were a patient with no understanding of training, would you rather go see a "Practitioner"? Or an "Assistant"?

Why is this simple point so F'ing hard for people to understand???  WE NEED TO CHANGE OUR F'ING NAME NOW, NOT NEXT YEAR OR THE YEAR AFTER.  NOW!

Good grief...

Totally agree. Whenever I think of anything related to the advancement of our profession, I think of it in the eyes of the general public. Yes, assistant needs to change. No one wants to see an assistant for their medical care, and no, they don't care about our training, education, standards, blah, blah, blah, they know we are an assistant and an assistant is NOT someone who should be taking complete comprehensive care of someone. 

On 6/27/2018 at 9:30 AM, LKPAC said:

You may be right.  I would think it would be tough to control for gender since there are so few male NPs.

Last I checked 70% of PAs were female as well so I dont think this would be too difficult. 

Archived