2018-2019- Yale Online PA Application

Guest thatgirlonabike

Hi everyone,

I just decided very late in the Yale Application Cycle that I am going to apply. I am hoping to have my application finished by next week. How many spots does Yale Online have to fill. It seems as though many of you are already accepted. For those not accepted, what will you be doing between now and the next cycle, will you be retaking classes or working on patient care hours?

On 6/13/2018 at 11:18 AM, thatgirlonabike said:

Nope.  I am not taking the GRE until June 21st so I'm just waiting for that.   I'm still tweaking my essays since I have to wait for then to submit anyway.   I think this program is my first choice though-- on most days anyway.

Sometimes I'm still worried about not having the classic experience with classmates.  It seems like they have some great software to address that but I'm still apprehensive.  

I understand concern about wanting a classic experience with classmates- but what do you mean by that? Sitting in a classroom together listening to a professor talk for an hour and not being engaged or are you talking about working with fellow classmates solving medical problems and discussing medical concepts.  Then the online format used by Yale Online is the way to go.  The time used face-to-face online is to review concepts and apply the concepts from lectures to solving real medical cases.  It is the application of these concepts you will use the rest of your life not just the facts.  Its one thing to know everything about a disease or medication, but can you make the diagnosis in a patient and pick the right treatment for that specific set of patient facts.  That is want is needed to practice medicine.  Not the passive sitting in a classroom listening to the sage on the stage, but you need the guide on the side to show you how to use the information.  Its just my opinion but I could be wrong.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@tracymare @ERPA19 I submitted on June 6th and I never heard that it was "verified". I called you last week with an unrelated question and lovely Grace, in admissions, told me my application was deemed complete on June 14th and is now under review and I should hear a "decision or next steps" within 4-8 weeks from that date. Hope that helps. I would LOVE to hear from anyone else on what info they were given on their timeline. Good luck all!

57 minutes ago, Fizzassist said:

@tracymare @ERPA19 I submitted on June 6th and I never heard that it was "verified". I called you last week with an unrelated question and lovely Grace, in admissions, told me my application was deemed complete on June 14th and is now under review and I should hear a "decision or next steps" within 4-8 weeks from that date. Hope that helps. I would LOVE to hear from anyone else on what info they were given on their timeline. Good luck all!

Thank you for the info! I guess I just need to be more patient. 

For the early decision mark I applied on May 13th or 14th (deadline was May 15th) and I was called beginning of June for an interview within 48 hours.  Then the final decision was provided on June 15th.  I'm not sure how they handle priority deadline, so I'm not sure if this information is useful or not.  Best wishes!

On 7/12/2018 at 5:20 PM, mvatican said:

Under review 7/3

Recieved interview invite 7/11

interview scheduled for 7/30 

???

Thank you for the information and congrats!!! 

I spoke with the admissions person yesterday. He said he needed my confirmation on a few things before my application is able to be presented. Since we confirmed the information, do you think it means my application is under review now?  

2 hours ago, ERPA19 said:

Thank you for the information and congrats!!! 

I spoke with the admissions person yesterday. He said he needed my confirmation on a few things before my application is able to be presented. Since we confirmed the information, do you think it means my application is under review now?  

If not now, soon. 

I had a similar phone call and soon after was informed that I was under review. 

My admissions rep has been super helpful and available. I would reach out to them if you haven’t heard by next Friday. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m applying a little late, but question for those who have applied - did you enter ONLY the following for work/volunteer experience?

• Patient Care Experience
  • Health Care Shadowing
  • Research
  • Community Service

I have 2 years of administrative work in the healthcare setting, and I’m not sure if I should also include this, since it is not one of the 4 mentioned items. 

Thanks in advance !

On 7/25/2018 at 6:39 PM, effervescent said:

I’m applying a little late, but question for those who have applied - did you enter ONLY the following for work/volunteer experience?

• Patient Care Experience
  • Health Care Shadowing
  • Research
  • Community Service

I have 2 years of administrative work in the healthcare setting, and I’m not sure if I should also include this, since it is not one of the 4 mentioned items. 

Thanks in advance !

That's a good question! I would reach out to your admissions counselor if you haven't already. They'd have the best answer for you! Sounds like something you would definitely want to include. Here is their email ?

admissions@paonline.yale.edu
  • Upvote 1