2018-2019 Application cycle

On 8/31/2018 at 12:22 PM, Andy20035 said:

I'm interviewing on the 13th and am crazy nervous...this will be the first school I have interviewed for so I will have little experience prior. Anyone else in the same boat?

YES!! I am also interviewing next week on the 13th, and am feeling excited and nervous!! I too was extremely nervous for my first interview (this will be my second), but once I began speaking with the other candidates and we started to share experiences, I felt so excited to be at this stage of the PA school journey! I'm understanding that Midwestern has a group interview format, which was similar to my previous interview, however, I'm hoping they provide us all with the opportunity to address their questions individually! Would you happen to know if there is a writing component to their interview? Best of luck and I'll probably see you there next week!!  

On 9/5/2018 at 3:48 PM, dkwilliams said:

I got put on the waiting list for an interview,  I'm assuming that's pretty much a no. Anyone heard of someone getting an interview from that?

I was placed on the waitlist as well. ? I've read on some other forums that people are still offered interviews usually later on in the cycle. Keep your head up. 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:22 AM, PAgirl20 said:

Can anyone who has already interviewed give me some insight as to around what time the day ends? I know the email said 2:30 but I saw in years past some people got out around 1. I have a flight out at 4:10 which I now realize might be cutting it a little close! 

I interviewed on August 6th and I believe we ended a little after 2pm

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, nancyleo90 said:

YES!! I am also interviewing next week on the 13th, and am feeling excited and nervous!! I too was extremely nervous for my first interview (this will be my second), but once I began speaking with the other candidates and we started to share experiences, I felt so excited to be at this stage of the PA school journey! I'm understanding that Midwestern has a group interview format, which was similar to my previous interview, however, I'm hoping they provide us all with the opportunity to address their questions individually! Would you happen to know if there is a writing component to their interview? Best of luck and I'll probably see you there next week!!  

I interviewed on August 6th. During the group interviews they do address their questions individually, so we all go equal opportunities to answer questions but there was no writing component to their interview. I hope that helps, Good luck ? 

Hello,

I am interviewing on the 13th and was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed could give me some insight as to what type of questions they ask. Specifically, did they ask anything regarding PA news/current events? This will be my second interview but the format is slightly different than my first. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

On 9/7/2018 at 5:12 AM, wh1tn3y19 said:

I interviewed on August 6th. During the group interviews they do address their questions individually, so we all go equal opportunities to answer questions but there was no writing component to their interview. I hope that helps, Good luck ? 

That's wonderful to know! Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it greatly! Best of luck with the outcome of your interview ?

On 9/7/2018 at 5:12 AM, wh1tn3y19 said:

Can you provide some insight on the types of questions you reviewed to prepare for this interview? Did they help? Any recommendations regarding areas to brush up on, such as AZ scope of practice laws or current events? Thank you ? 

Hi! I'm interviewing on Thursday 9/13 at Midwestern! I was wondering if anyone wants to meet up for dinner and get to know each other the day before the interview on Wednesday 9/12. My cousin used to take me to Arizona years ago and I fondly remember eating Navajo tacos! I was hoping to grab some while I'm here again! Let me know! ?

15 hours ago, RadTek2PA said:

@PrePennsylvania I sent you a DM!

Well, I was invited to interview today!  I will be there next Monday 9/17, and have been incredibly anxious/nervous all day..!!!!

Will these jitters go away over the weekend?!

@RadTek2PA If you don't mind me asking...what were your application stats for this cycle? I finished my application in mid-june, but still waiting to hear back.

@salsafi no I don’t think its too late!  I submitted 8/20, verified 9/3, asked to interview 9/11.  I think it is still early for them, as I’ve heard they will interview even into January!

@cruiz GPA: 3.72  sGPA: 3.88 (roughly) PCE: +6,000 hrs  GRE: math 161 verbal 152 writing 4.0

So I have 2 friends that have applied the last two cycles that live here and got rejected/waitlisted both times.  Both times it was because of their GRE score.  Your GRE will definitely hold you back at MWU from what I’ve seen!  They were both sub 50 percentile in Math.

1 hour ago, RadTek2PA said:

@salsafi no I don’t think its too late!  I submitted 8/20, verified 9/3, asked to interview 9/11.  I think it is still early for them, as I’ve heard they will interview even into January!

@cruiz GPA: 3.72  sGPA: 3.88 (roughly) PCE: +6,000 hrs  GRE: math 161 verbal 152 writing 4.0

So I have 2 friends that have applied the last two cycles that live here and got rejected/waitlisted both times.  Both times it was because of their GRE score.  Your GRE will definitely hold you back at MWU from what I’ve seen!  They were both sub 50 percentile in Math.

I don't think that the GRE will totally hold you back though. I scored below the 50th percentile in math and I have an interview there Friday. As long as everything else is good, I think they'll overlook one low GRE score.

• Like 1