2018-2019 Application cycle

My application was verified on 7/14 and I submitted my application to Midwestern on 8/1. I still haven't heard anything and my portal doesn't have any updates. Anyone else in the same boat? I was waitlisted for an interview in 2016, and I didn't receive an email about that until November that year. I'm just assuming I can look forward to hearing back around that time this cycle as well?

Hi all! I received an interview invite today and like many have stated on this thread, I also did not receive an email or call but it was on my portal. I applied on the later end of the cycle (end of July), so to those who also applied later, there is still hope! Hope to see some of you on November 12th! ? 

Edited by sdprepa16

Same! Thanks @sdprepa16 for the update! I just checked the portal today and received an interview invite too! Will be there November 12th too ? I also applied in July. 

1 hour ago, sdprepa16 said:

Hi all! I received an interview invite today and like many have stated on this thread, I also did not receive an email or call but it was on my portal. I applied on the later end of the cycle (end of July), so to those who also applied later, there is still hope! Hope to see some of you on November 12th! ? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ashprepa said:

Would you be willing to share your stats, please? ? Congratulations!!

Thank you! ? 

Cumulative GPA: 3.66

Science GPA: 3.46

GRE: Verbal 65% | Quantitative 59% | Writing: 60%

HCE: 1800+ CNA in a locked memory care unit, assisted living/nursing home 

Shadowing Hours: 80 of PAs

Volunteer Hours: <100 

I submitted and was verified 8/20, and I was offered an interview 10/5

Not a whole lot special about me, but I hope this helps!

Congrats to those that has interviewed (and to those who will interview)! I was one of the student ambassadors this morning, and I had a blast meeting everyone. Just wanted to continue wishing you guys luck! Again, contact us if you have any questions or concerns! ?

-Manuel 

Edited by gmanuelp
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, salsafi said:

Hi! Where can I contact you or other student ambassadors about my application? 

The ambassadors don't have access to your application, nor are we involved in the process of choosing students. If you have any questions about that the best place I can redirect you to would be student services, but I get the feeling they'll tell you something along the lines of "We'll contact you once your application has been processed." I hope that answered your question. 

On 10/2/2018 at 11:49 AM, mbucher said:

My application was verified on 7/14 and I submitted my application to Midwestern on 8/1. I still haven't heard anything and my portal doesn't have any updates. Anyone else in the same boat? I was waitlisted for an interview in 2016, and I didn't receive an email about that until November that year. I'm just assuming I can look forward to hearing back around that time this cycle as well?

I received an email this morning that my application is "on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview" and "your application will continue to be evaluated by the Physician Assistant Program Admissions Committee and you may receive an interview invitation at a future date. Your application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result. It is, however, impossible to predict if or when an interview invitation might be offered." Has anyone else received this email? If so, have you been invited for an interview yet? Thanks!

1 hour ago, mbucher said:

I received an email this morning that my application is "on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview" and "your application will continue to be evaluated by the Physician Assistant Program Admissions Committee and you may receive an interview invitation at a future date. Your application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result. It is, however, impossible to predict if or when an interview invitation might be offered." Has anyone else received this email? If so, have you been invited for an interview yet? Thanks!

I also received this email in the beginning of August! Unfortunately haven't heard anything about an interview since...

Edited by azpamkay
spelling