2018-2019 Application cycle

On 7/27/2018 at 9:56 AM, K8lin said:

Provided nothing changes from last year, it is not MMI. They do group interviews, just like many other programs. Know yourself, know your application, know why you want to be a PA over anything else.

You will be with a group of other students for part of the day, being interviewed by a couple faculty members. I personally liked this because its almost somehow less intimidating having your potential classmates right there, going through this interview with you. The rest of the interview day will be presentations, informative sessions, tours, and provided lunch at the cafeteria. Try to have fun! It is a beautiful campus, even when its 115 degrees out.

Wow, thank you so much for your response!! That was really helpful. Knowing what to expect feels a lot better and I'm excited. 

•  
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skyells said:

Did they send you an email as well or did you just check your portal?

What do you think it would look like if you got rejected

I received an email this morning.

I’m not sure what your portal would look like if you were rejected ?. I think people last year who were waitlisted had things pop up underneath their applicant checklist versus the accepted checklist. I’m not 100% positive though.

Edited by TayPrePA

8 hours ago, Victory1322 said:

I've been accepted from the August 6th interview date! Checklist populated on my MWU portal yesterday evening and received the official acceptance offer this morning. Good luck to others in the application process/interviewing and congratulations to those who have been accepted!

What populated for the checklist?

I was offered the August 2nd interview about a month ago but declined as I was attending another interview that day. I then accepted the next date offered and will be there September 13. I had a friend interview at the Chicago campus and they did it MMI style. Is it different for the Glendale campus? 

Edited by kmrh442

On 8/8/2018 at 8:01 PM, PAintraining12 said:

What populated for the checklist?

When I checked the student portal, I went to the "Admissions" tab and then under the "Post Accepted" header there is a link for an "Accepted Checklist". When I clicked on this, there was a populated checklist that included the matriculation agreement/deposit, transcript requests as well as a checklist of all of their prerequisites and whether or not they have been completed.

When I had checked this tab prior, it said something along the lines of "Only accepted students can see this checklist" so it should be pretty apparent if you have the checklist. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, kmrh442 said:

I was offered the August 2nd interview about a month ago but declined as I was attending another interview that day. I then accepted the next date offered and will be there September 13. I had a friend interview at the Chicago campus and they did it MMI style. Is it different for the Glendale campus? 

Congratulations on the invite! The Glendale campus utilizes a group style interview. There are two faculty members interviewing you and two other applicants. It's pretty laid back overall, just know your application and why you want to be a PA specifically as opposed to any other healthcare provider (all cliche, I know ? ). Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Victory1322 said:

Congratulations on the invite! The Glendale campus utilizes a group style interview. There are two faculty members interviewing you and two other applicants. It's pretty laid back overall, just know your application and why you want to be a PA specifically as opposed to any other healthcare provider (all cliche, I know ? ). Good luck!

Thank you so much!! I’ve never done a group interview so I’m a little confused as to how that will work...but overall I am super excited to interview. Crossing my fingers it goes well!

1 minute ago, kmrh442 said:

Thank you so much!! I’ve never done a group interview so I’m a little confused as to how that will work...but overall I am super excited to interview. Crossing my fingers it goes well!

It was my first time doing a group interview as well and personally I preferred it over the previous MMI and panel style interviews I've done! With more people in the room it was more like a conversation, which helped me not to feel so nervous. You've made it this far so I'm sure you'll do great!

• Upvote 1

Accepted from the 8/6 interview!

I was a reapplicant this year. Best piece of advice for those who don't hear back or receive a rejection letter--reach out to admissions and ask for advice on how to make your app stronger! They gave me great feedback, and I believe it is why I got in this year!

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Interviewed on 8/3 and just got my alternative letter in the actual mail yesterday. My portal hasn't changed and I haven't got an email from them but just an actual letter in the mail. Super excited it was not a rejection letter. I was a little worried about that when I saw it in my mail ? Congrats to those that have gotten accepted! 

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, dkwilliams said:

Am I correct in thinking no more interviews will be offered?

Looking at last year's posts, it seems that interviews were held as late as January for some applicants. I would assume interviews that late are likely for waitlisting

Edited by Justnow
  • Like 1