2018-2019 Application Cycle

14 hours ago, AKevakian said:

I received an invitation today for the 4/16 interview!

Same here! 🙂 I'm really excited.

Does anyone affiliated with the program, or who has been accepted know if TUC is still interviewing for open seats in the class, or if April interviews are for their waitlist? 

For folx accepted, or current students, I'd love and appreciate hearing from you what you think made your interview successful, and what the interview day is like! 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, gemeni said:

Same here! 🙂 I'm really excited.

Does anyone affiliated with the program, or who has been accepted know if TUC is still interviewing for open seats in the class, or if April interviews are for their waitlist? 

For folx accepted, or current students, I'd love and appreciate hearing from you what you think made your interview successful, and what the interview day is like! 

Congratulations on the interview invite! 

A current student that I met at the meetup told me that he was accepted out of the April interview. Then, at the interview back in December, the faculty emphasized that they place a large number of applicants on the waitlist throughout the interview process so that they have the option to accept outstanding applicants from later in the cycle. They really want to give everyone a fair chance. You are just as competitive interviewing now as you would have been in October! So go wow them!

As for interview day, be prepared on why you want to go to this school and become a PA (obviously), but then just relax and remember, they invited you for an interview because they like you on paper, now make them like you in person. 

Good luck to everyone! Can’t wait to see everyone in the fall.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I got an email today asking me to interview on 4/16. I responded within 20 minutes confirming that I would be coming. I just got an email saying that the interviews are first come first serve and that I no longer have a seat to interview. Needless to say I am pretty disappointed. Anyone else have this issue?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, spowers said:

I got an email today asking me to interview on 4/16. I responded within 20 minutes confirming that I would be coming. I just got an email saying that the interviews are first come first serve and that I no longer have a seat to interview. Needless to say I am pretty disappointed. Anyone else have this issue?

Yep just happened to me! 

Guest pmat94
3 hours ago, Alexa93 said:

Yep just happened to me! 

This happened to me too. I am also very disappointed. Any ideas why they decided to roll out more interview invites than seats for the interview? They put me on a call back list if there are any cancellations before the interview date.

Edited by pmat94

2 hours ago, _BadaBing_ said:

Has anyone heard back from the 3/26 interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was unfortunately rejected and interviewed on 3/26 😞 

Congratulations to everyone else that was accepted this cycle!

I am grateful to have even made it this far. It was definitely a great learning experience as Touro was the first MMI - Multiple Mini Interview (extremely intense) session I encountered this cycle. Will definitely prep better for that next cycle.

13 hours ago, _BadaBing_ said:

Has anyone heard back from the 3/26 interview?

I interviewed on 3/26 with you. We were in the same group, C1. I received an acceptance call yesterday at 5:49 PM. I was driving after my haircut when a number from Vallejo popped up on my screen.

Stay hopeful. I think you’ll make an excellent PA. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! (p.s. excuse my username. It’s a long story). 

• Like 1

I interviewed on 3/26 with you. We were in the same group, C1. I received an acceptance call yesterday at 5:49 PM. I was driving after my haircut when a number from Vallejo popped up on my screen.
Stay hopeful. I think you’ll make an excellent PA. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! (p.s. excuse my username. It’s a long story). 

First... Yayyyyy!! Congratulations on the acceptance!! I’m sure the great news and awesome haircut made yesterday unbelievable! [emoji16]. Secondly, I really appreciate the compliment and good vibes!! Thank you!!

Hello! For those of you interviewing this upcoming Tuesday April 16th, we will be holding an informal Meet and Greet on Monday April 15th, at 5:30 at the Mare Island Brewery Company (located at 289 Mare Island Way, Vallejo, CA). This is completely optional and will give you a chance to meet current students in the program as well as other interviewees. Hopefully it will help get rid of some nerves before your interview. If you're interested please take this quick survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H35LR8X. We look forward to seeing you there 🙂 

I was unfortunately rejected and interviewed on 3/26 [emoji20] 
Congratulations to everyone else that was accepted this cycle!
I am grateful to have even made it this far. It was definitely a great learning experience as Touro was the first MMI - Multiple Mini Interview (extremely intense) session I encountered this cycle. Will definitely prep better for that next cycle.

I unfortunately also received a rejection email today. However, the entire process was a great experience!
@hopefulmomma Although this may not have been our cycle to gain a seat at TUC, I am sure that with our experience we will come back as stronger candidates next cycle!

Congratulations to all who were accepted and good luck to those who are interviewing!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, _BadaBing_ said:

@Scubadude5 Sweeeet! Keep me updated with the process. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! emoji1694.pngemoji1694.pngemoji1694.png

Thank you. I just read your last posting. It was awesome meeting you and you will make a stellar PA in the future. Keep up your hard work and wonderful demeanor. I know you will kill it in the interview next cycle. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...