2018-2019 Application Cycle

I will be turning down my acceptance offer to this program, solely based on the fact that I was accepted to a two-year program that is much less pricey... ? Good luck to everyone else who will be attending this program or interviewing later! I was SUPER impressed by everything about Touro Cali, everyone was so kind and the mission of the program is clearly being lived out by each of the students and faculty. I had such a great time meeting everyone at the interview, and I am convinced you will all do great things!

• Like 2

Hey there,

Does anyone who what is the format for the interview? Do the people interviewing see our application before or is it blind? Is it one interview or multiple mini interviews? Are there students as part of the interview panel? Just want to better prepare and have an idea of what to expect. Thanks in advance!

Hello again!

For those of you interviewing this upcoming Tuesday 11/06 we will be holding an informal Meet and Greet on Monday 11/05, at 6:30pm at the Mare Island Brewery Company (located at 289 Mare Island Way, Vallejo, CA). This is completely optional, has nothing to do with the interview day, and will give you a chance to meet current students in the program as well as other interviewees. Hopefully it will help get rid of some nerves before your interview. If you're interested please take this quick survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RJ9GWS7. We look forward to seeing you there!

A few things to know: The school is on Mare Island so the only way to access the campus is on a bridge. There are two bridges that access the island, however, the larger of the two bridges (the CA-37 bridge) is normally rather backed up with morning traffic, and the smaller of the two bridges goes up periodically to allow for ships to pass. Although this doesn’t happen often, it can take about 10 minutes. I recommend planning accordingly for your commute to your interview by leaving extra time for traffic due to these bridges. If you are traveling from OAK or SFO airport or nearby cities that require you to take the 1-80E or 101 N, you will have to pay a toll. The tolls only accept cash, so make sure you have cash otherwise you will receive a ticket! The tolls are anywhere from $5-$8. Also, the tolls can cause a lot of traffic.

For those of you who are looking for lodging and transportation information check here for recommendations from the school:

http://admissions.tu.edu/lodging/

http://facilities.tu.edu/campusmap/

• Like 1

Hello fellow applicants!

to those who have submitted the supplemental app: LORs do not need to be uploaded onto the website; correct? Also, how much time elapsed after submitting it before TUC confirmed your application was complete and ready for committee review?

Thank you for sharing your experience and best of luck to those with upcoming interviews!! (any more scheduled so far besides 11/6?)

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, gdhaliwal said:

For those who have attended the previous interview...can you please explain the interview format? group interview, one on one, or MMI style??? Any advice/suggestions????? 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:36 AM, PA1826 said:

Hey there,

Does anyone who what is the format for the interview? Do the people interviewing see our application before or is it blind? Is it one interview or multiple mini interviews? Are there students as part of the interview panel? Just want to better prepare and have an idea of what to expect. Thanks in advance!

The interview day was very organized and helped to calm the nerves. You are welcomed by a kosher breakfast and coffee while they go through introductions of staff and interviewees. The interview itself is broken up into several sections: MMI, group, and two writing portions (one is called the "individual interview"). Most of the interviewers had already read my application and some made references to it, so not blind for the most part. Our student guide only sat in on the group interview.

My advice is to try to relax as much as possible, and go into the interview with several reasons in mind about why you would make a stellar PA. Research public health concepts beforehand, after all, you'll be getting an MPH too! Make sure to make good eye contact, smile, shake hands, all that good stuff. I actually really enjoyed the MMIs for this school, and they were kind of fun! It made me much less nervous and it helped to make me act like a human being, not a robot, haha.

Everybody there was super kind and welcoming, and the lunch was great too! I had a great experience and I'm sure you both will too. Good luck, and have fun!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, carlzbarkley said:

The interview day was very organized and helped to calm the nerves. You are welcomed by a kosher breakfast and coffee while they go through introductions of staff and interviewees. The interview itself is broken up into several sections: MMI, group, and two writing portions (one is called the "individual interview"). Most of the interviewers had already read my application and some made references to it, so not blind for the most part. Our student guide only sat in on the group interview.

My advice is to try to relax as much as possible, and go into the interview with several reasons in mind about why you would make a stellar PA. Research public health concepts beforehand, after all, you'll be getting an MPH too! Make sure to make good eye contact, smile, shake hands, all that good stuff. I actually really enjoyed the MMIs for this school, and they were kind of fun! It made me much less nervous and it helped to make me act like a human being, not a robot, haha.

Everybody there was super kind and welcoming, and the lunch was great too! I had a great experience and I'm sure you both will too. Good luck, and have fun!

THANK YOU SOSOS MUCH!!! This was very helpful! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Minsie said:

I submitted my application back in August and just received a confirmation email today, stating that my application is currently under review. No news about a supplemental app yet, though. 

Ditto. I wonder if it's just because of the timing of submission (first come-first serve) or because our apps were less competitive?

My GPA was solid, (3.5 All coursework, 3.8 sciences), and  but I lacked a clinician's letter of recommendation...

Ditto. I wonder if it's just because of the timing of submission (first come-first serve) or because our apps were less competitive?
My GPA was solid, (3.5 All coursework, 3.8 sciences), and  but I lacked a clinician's letter of recommendation...

May I ask when was your application verified? I was verified Aug 24 and haven’t heard anything yet. *Still keeping my fingers crossed*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys. I got an email saying that my application is under review after submitting my supplemental on October 5th.  Have not hear anything yet.  Do you guys know if they send emails saying you will not be invited to an interview?  Or do you only get an email if you get an interview invitation? Thanks!

Just turned down my interview invite, hope this helps everyone else!

CASPA submitted: 6/29, Supplemental App Invite: 9/6, TUC File Complete email: 9/17, Interview invite email: 10/19 for 11/6 interview, but I unfortunately could not make that date, and was told the next interview date will be 11/27

• Upvote 1