2018-2019 Application Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jaub11 said:

Just realizing I applied when I had less than 1000 PCE hours. The FAQ page on Touro-CA's website is not updated to this new change from 500 to 1000 hours. I must have gone off that when I submitted instead of making sure to check all parts of the website. Feeling so disheartened because I will have 1000 hours at the beginning of July but I already submitted my application, and it is already under review...

Add the additional hours into CASPA and then also email the program and let them know you've attained all of your hours.

• Upvote 1

@BrittanyJ95 sure! my stats aren't bright and shiny, but I worked on my PS for a very long time so I think that helped. ? 

cgpa- 3.48 dual major biology and spanish (last 30 credit 3.8, post bacc 19 credits 4.0)

sgpa- 3.11

pce- 4,000+ as an ecg tech/nurse tech.

shadow- 38 hours in 4 specialties

volunteer- several long term organizations over the past 5 years

good luck to you!! we got this!

Edited by carlzbarkley

16 hours ago, carlzbarkley said:

@BrittanyJ95 sure! my stats aren't bright and shiny, but I worked on my PS for a very long time so I think that helped. ? 

cgpa- 3.48 dual major biology and spanish (last 30 credit 3.8, post bacc 19 credits 4.0)

sgpa- 3.11

pce- 4,000+ as an ecg tech/nurse tech.

shadow- 38 hours in 4 specialties

volunteer- several long term organizations over the past 5 years

good luck to you!! we got this!

I appreciate your response.

We have very similar stats.. Even down to the 4000 hours as an ekg tech.

When did you submit?

On 7/3/2018 at 10:23 PM, carlzbarkley said:

Hey, that's nuts! I feel like I never see fellow ecg techs! I submitted on May 21 and was verified May 22nd.

ah, nevermind. You were an echocardiogram tech. I was an electrocardiogram tech lol.

Anyhow, thank you! I submitted a few weeks after you

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, futurepaphd said:

Hello fellow applicants,

do you know if supplementals are sent to all applicants?

Thanks.

No, supplementals are only sent to 'competitive' applicants. This is a quote from their website, "Many PA programs invite all candidates to submit a supplemental application without screening. Those who receive a supplemental application invitation from Touro University California have the added advantage of knowing that, on initial review, it has been determined that they are competitive."   I'm still waiting to hear back as well..good luck!!

• Like 1

hello everyone!

Is there anyone that submitted to CASPA at the end of June and did not receive confirmation that they received the application and it is under review? It has been over a month and I'm not even sure if they received it since I haven't gotten any confirmation ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1