2018-2019 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GinaS said:

So presumably there will be more interview invites?  Or would they go back to others they have already interviewed?  

There will be more interview invites. You should hear something a few days to one week before the days. The last day is before Christmas. Once all the interviews are done and people begin accepting their spots in the class, they will pull from the waitlist. AU does utilize their waitlist!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 4:48 PM, tk4pa said:

I imagine all the interview invitations for this year have been made at this point. Does anyone know if they will give feedback on how to improve your application for next year? 

If you contact Peggy Jeffcoat (the PA department secretary), she can direct you to speak with one of the admissions faculty. I know Dr. Elam loves talking to applicants about strengthening their applications. You can find her contact info on the PA department website. I think contacting them during the spring semester would be best since they are still interviewing and almost to the Holiday break. Our semester starts back January 7th. 

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up guys! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Years!! I just had a few things I know would have been helpful for me last year, that I now know this year. Most of this is for those who were accepted to Augusta’s PA program. A huge congrats to you all!! For those of you who did not make it in this year, DO NOT and I truly mean, DO NOT give up! PA school is tough to get in to. Many of my classmates are second year applications and they are truly brilliant people! So many factors play into getting in, do not get discouraged, keep working on your resume and persist another year!

For those of you who were accepted, if you are like I was last year, you’re probably wondering what is coming next from the university, and where communication will come from. My experience last year was the first official class email was sent in the middle of February. You will then slowly get emails throughout the spring to help prepare you for getting on campus. It will list things you need to do, buy, what classes to prepare for etc. You will also be assigned “a big”, which you probably heard about before and they are your contact! That will probably be March-ish time frame. Whatever questions, concerns etc you may have, that is what they are there for! They also will be able to give you tips on school, living situations, community etc. Hit me up if you have any questions, I know this last month or more and then this month is a weird down time in between the craziness, especially after a fall of checking your email every 5 minutes. But, enjoy the down time, do some fun stuff that you may not have time for when school starts like trips etc. School will be here before you know it! Happy New Year y'all! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...