2018-2019 Cycle

@cmedley I received an interview invite. ?. I would appreciate any advice you have to offer for the interview process. How does your program interview? One on one, MMI, group interviews? Behavioral type questions, personal questions, ethical questions? How was your experience when you interviewed? What advice would you give your past self on the day of your interview  knowing what you know now. Thank you! 

Hey y'all! I am currently a first year here now. Good luck to everyone that has already been offered interviews! And good luck to everyone who is still "Ready for review". I applied here my first year, was interviewed and waitlisted; then spent a year working more, getting more experience, and fixing the things I was told to improve during my initial interview; I then re-applied and was accepted! So I think the faculty are very big on the holistic approach, as well as appreciating when students have enough determination to improve themselves and re-apply. I started school here in May and am in the class of 2020. The best advice I can give you for the interview is be yourself!!! Which I know is super hard. Second best advice, drive by the night before if possible to scope out where you're going to be parking, where the Health Sciences building is, etc. Also, wear a suit! Dress professional and act professional; professionalism is VERY important here. Again, good luck!!!

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2018 at 10:34 AM, KPwannabeaPA said:

Hey y'all! I am currently a first year here now. Good luck to everyone that has already been offered interviews! And good luck to everyone who is still "Ready for review". I applied here my first year, was interviewed and waitlisted; then spent a year working more, getting more experience, and fixing the things I was told to improve during my initial interview; I then re-applied and was accepted! So I think the faculty are very big on the holistic approach, as well as appreciating when students have enough determination to improve themselves and re-apply. I started school here in May and am in the class of 2020. The best advice I can give you for the interview is be yourself!!! Which I know is super hard. Second best advice, drive by the night before if possible to scope out where you're going to be parking, where the Health Sciences building is, etc. Also, wear a suit! Dress professional and act professional; professionalism is VERY important here. Again, good luck!!!

Thank you! Do you have any advice on type of interview questions?

On 8/20/2018 at 10:53 PM, HGE062318 said:

@cmedley I received an interview invite. ?. I would appreciate any advice you have to offer for the interview process. How does your program interview? One on one, MMI, group interviews? Behavioral type questions, personal questions, ethical questions? How was your experience when you interviewed? What advice would you give your past self on the day of your interview  knowing what you know now. Thank you! 

The interview starts with 3 brief one-on-one interviews. Then you will tour the department, have lunch, and come back for a group interview. The will ask all those type of questions including strengths, weakness, your background, how you handle stress, etc. Be forthcoming and stand out among the group. They appreciate honesty and openness to criticism. I wasn't shy about talking about my personal life to the extent they asked. They want to know about you, and how you got to where you are. Be personable, respectful, and friendly. The faculty are super nice and caring, but the interviews do come off very intimidating. Looking back, I was very myself and stood out because of my background. You draw one moral question at the group interview. Mine was "if you had 3 things to take during a fire, what would it be". They faculty really love compassionate and dedicated individuals. Your grades got you an interview, but it will not get you into the program alone. Just relax, don't overthink question, & be yourself!! 

Edited by cmedley

1 hour ago, ByGraceAlone said:

@KPwannabeaPA @Jahami Thanks so much you guys! Would you all mind sharing your stats? And also how big is Augusta on patient care hours when it comes to applicants? I know on average many students have thousands of hours but were there any members in your class that you know got admitted with low hours?

Yeah, my GPA was 3.8, GRE 307, and hours I had just over 1,500. I know that a few people in our class did not have a ton of hours, so patient care isn't everything. If you have lower hours, I would leverage  the heart of why you want to be a PA. If you have an interview, you have what it takes on paper, but they want to see a dedication to the profession and the program, and see in you a purpose that will keep you going.  I would also bring up even though/if you have limited hours, what truly drew you to the profession that you saw during those hours you do have. What experience in those hours made you say, PA is the route I want, hands down over anything else. Hope that helps! 

54 minutes ago, Jahami said:

Yeah, my GPA was 3.8, GRE 307, and hours I had just over 1,500. I know that a few people in our class did not have a ton of hours, so patient care isn't everything. If you have lower hours, I would leverage  the heart of why you want to be a PA. If you have an interview, you have what it takes on paper, but they want to see a dedication to the profession and the program, and see in you a purpose that will keep you going.  I would also bring up even though/if you have limited hours, what truly drew you to the profession that you saw during those hours you do have. What experience in those hours made you say, PA is the route I want, hands down over anything else. Hope that helps! 

Thank you so much for that info & for the encouragement! I will most definitely make sure to keep that in mind!