Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, steph95 said:

Does anyone know when the application will open on CASPA? Their website states July 1, but it is not available yet.

Augusta does not use CASPA, their application could be found on their program’s website.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not too sure what you mean by "an extra point", but they do love when people reapply! Many of my classmates are re-applicants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I’m also a reapplicant; I was waitlisted last year. With that being said, do we have to resend transcripts or GRE scores? When I check the status of my application it says everything has been received but it’s still reading as “incomplete” as opposed to “ready for review.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:43 PM, mjrob said:

Hey guys, I’m also a reapplicant; I was waitlisted last year. With that being said, do we have to resend transcripts or GRE scores? When I check the status of my application it says everything has been received but it’s still reading as “incomplete” as opposed to “ready for review.” 

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Out of state here so no idea what to expect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, marissajanel said:

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Out of state here so no idea what to expect!

I’m average to below average, ha! 3.3 GPA, 309 GRE, I now have 1100 hours as an ED Tech, 500ish hours shadowing and volunteering in doctors’ offices. I have great LOR’s, and what I think to be a pretty good personal statement. I’m hoping this year goes better than last! I am an unconvential student; I am married with two kids, this will be quite the journey. 

 

My application is also “ready to review” and I have received my transcript evaluation in the mail stating I have all prerequisites fulfilled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mjrob said:

I’m average to below average, ha! 3.3 GPA, 309 GRE, I now have 1100 hours as an ED Tech, 500ish hours shadowing and volunteering in doctors’ offices. I have great LOR’s, and what I think to be a pretty good personal statement. I’m hoping this year goes better than last! I am an unconvential student; I am married with two kids, this will be quite the journey. 

 

My application is also “ready to review” and I have received my transcript evaluation in the mail stating I have all prerequisites fulfilled. 

Thank you so much! Im 22 have a 3.4 GPA 303 GRE, over 3,000 patient care hours, roughly 100 volunteer, 60+ shadowing and I’m hoping I can at least squeeze an interview since they take a pretty holistic approach! I consider myself pretty average too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Augusta application, what differentiates 'PCE' from 'Related HCE'? I'm having a hard time figuring out where to list certain experiences?

Also, would volunteering at a free clinic (as a receptionist) go under HCE or community service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all those waiting, interviews start around the end of August to September and can go until January/February. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cmedley said:

For all those waiting, interviews start around the end of August to September and can go until January/February. Good luck!

Thanks for the info! Do you know if they’ve started sending out invites for the first few rounds of interviews? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know for sure, but I doubt they have. 3rd years just graduated a week ago. The older class just started rotations Monday, and the under class starts their semester on Wednesday. They typically send interview invites one week before the interview, and interviews are usually on Mondays. They should start once the semester gets more calm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, cmedley said:

I don't know for sure, but I doubt they have. 3rd years just graduated a week ago. The older class just started rotations Monday, and the under class starts their semester on Wednesday. They typically send interview invites one week before the interview, and interviews are usually on Mondays. They should start once the semester gets more calm!

Thank you for calming my nerves for a few more weeks; good luck with the new semester! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mjrob said:

Thank you for calming my nerves for a few more weeks; good luck with the new semester! ?

Glad to help!! If you have any other questions, let me know and I’ll try to answer back as soon as I can. Thank you!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just submitted my application on 16 August! Does having your application in earlier mean you get an earlier interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More