Rutgers 2018-2019 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 8:01 PM, YGrabo said:

Couple of them are a bit old (4-5 years ) but a lot of them were compleated within last year .

well I have 6 more schools to answer and planing to apply to couple more . Fingers crossed . 

Do you mind sharing a list of other schools you applied to? I am NJ resident and want to stay as close as possible but look at different options. Thanks!

13 hours ago, CPM108 said:

Awesome!! Congrats! How was the interview?

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Interview went well and was laid back! All the faculty and staff were so welcoming and made me feel relaxed. 

Stats:

GPA: 3.8 from Pepperdine University 

sGPA: 3:68

PCE/HCE: 4000 hours as an MA 

• Upvote 1

Hello, I will be interviewing at Rutgers in a couple weeks. And just wondering whether bringing a current photo is indeed mandatory?From what I've heard, and from past experience, school typically take a photo of all interviewees at some point during the interview date.

Thanks so much! 

1 hour ago, PAViktute said:

Hello, I will be interviewing at Rutgers in a couple weeks. And just wondering whether bringing a current photo is indeed mandatory?From what I've heard, and from past experience, school typically take a photo of all interviewees at some point during the interview date.

Thanks so much! 

I would bring one since its instructed in the email.  Our photos were collected prior to the interview.  You also don't want to be the only person there who did not bring a photo.  Don't stress about the interview.  Everyone is extremely nice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RDtoPAC said:

Good lucky to you too! I am from Cali so im thinking they are interviewing those applicants who are within Rutgers’ area first

7 hours ago, RDtoPAC said:

Yes they prioritize their alumni and also applicants from surrounding states

Where are you getting this information from? That's not true. They do not prioritize in-state, nor surrounding state applicants. They also do not prioritize alumni. Check out the program's faq. It's super informative.

"In order to meet the needs of our diverse patient population, there is special emphasis on the recruitment of:

traditionally underrepresented minorities in medicine and health professions

those who speak a foreign language (especially Spanish)

applicants who come from economically and/or environmentally disadvantaged backgrounds

veterans of the US Military"

"The program is not required to accept a specific number of in-state students.  While many of the applicants are New Jersey residents, we seek the most competitive applicants from throughout the United States."

2 hours ago, LadyNichiavelli said:

Where are you getting this information from? That's not true. They do not prioritize in-state, nor surrounding state applicants. They also do not prioritize alumni. Check out the program's faq. It's super informative.

"In order to meet the needs of our diverse patient population, there is special emphasis on the recruitment of:

traditionally underrepresented minorities in medicine and health professions

those who speak a foreign language (especially Spanish)

applicants who come from economically and/or environmentally disadvantaged backgrounds

veterans of the US Military"

"The program is not required to accept a specific number of in-state students.  While many of the applicants are New Jersey residents, we seek the most competitive applicants from throughout the United States."

Thanks for the clarification! I am also a part of another -PA group where I was told this info by those who interviewed

On 7/27/2018 at 9:04 PM, ahenige6 said:

Interview went well and was laid back! All the faculty and staff were so welcoming and made me feel relaxed. 

Stats:

GPA: 3.8 from Pepperdine University 

sGPA: 3:68

PCE/HCE: 4000 hours as an MA 

I am interviewing in a few weeks and I am wondering what the different Groups refer to on the itinerary. Do we interview with a few different people at once and that is the Group I am assigned to?

Also - how was the writing assignment? I am worried about not having enough time.

9 hours ago, CPM108 said:

I am interviewing in a few weeks and I am wondering what the different Groups refer to on the itinerary. Do we interview with a few different people at once and that is the Group I am assigned to?

Also - how was the writing assignment? I am worried about not having enough time.

Every 30 min a faculty member for each group will come get you for the interview. It is an individual interview, but you will be with 3 Rutgers faculty or PA students/alumn. You only have 1 interview.

The writing assignment was easy so no need to stress or try to prepare for it!

On 8/1/2018 at 10:35 PM, RDtoPAC said:

Yes they prioritize their alumni and also applicants from surrounding states

This is not true. They look at all applicants equally - it may seem like they pull from the surrounding area but it’s probably because more applicants apply around that particular area to the school. I interviewed 7/19 and I am from California. There were many of us from the Midwest and west coast