Rutgers 2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 8/28/2018 at 4:34 PM, lotusflower1 said:

Hello! I'm a 1st-year PA-S at Rutgers and will gladly answer any questions you may have about the program or the application process itself. This forum was a great resource for me when I was applying so feel free to message me with questions or concerns you may have and I'll try to promptly reply. Please note that I can not/will not provide any direct interview questions, but all else is fair game!

@lotusflower1 Is it true the white coat ceremony happens at the start of clinicals (1.5 years in) and not at the very beginning? 

1 hour ago, biodrewsky said:

Hi everyone! I just got an email saying that I have moved on to the next round but does not indicate what that round is. Did everyone else get this email and does it mean that I’m in line for an interview? It was a very short email with no additional details.

I got the same email on July 11th, haven't heard back since. 

On 9/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, biodrewsky said:

Hi everyone! I just got an email saying that I have moved on to the next round but does not indicate what that round is. Did everyone else get this email and does it mean that I’m in line for an interview? It was a very short email with no additional details.

Hey! Not yet, it just means your application is still being reviewed and you passed the initial screening.

If you are selected for an interview, you will get another email saying you’ve been selected for an interview and the details will come shortly. Then, they send you another email several days later with specific details (date and schedule etc)

good luck! Really wish the best for everyone 

Edited by Mightymouse

15 minutes ago, Mightymouse said:

Hey! Not yet, it just means your application is still being reviewed and you passed the initial screening.

If you are selected for an interview, you will get another email saying you’ve been selected for an interview and the details will come shortly. Then they send you another email with specific details (date and schedule etc)

good luck! Really wish the best for everyone 

Thank you so much for the clarification!  It was so vague I was wasn’t certain what it even meant. At the very least it makes me hopeful!

Good afternoon everyone. Today i received an interview invitation for November 6 for Rutgers PA program. I was verified by the 1st week of July via CASPA, they confirmed my supplemental information in July 13. I recieved the invitation via email and saw the itinerary in terms of the interview schedule. I am part of the last group of individuals conducting the group interview that day, and I was wondering what one does during that 2 hour wait? (interview are from 10:30am to 12:30pm, mine is at 12:30pm)? 

Edited by eskeetit
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 4:34 PM, lotusflower1 said:

Hello! I'm a 1st-year PA-S at Rutgers and will gladly answer any questions you may have about the program or the application process itself. This forum was a great resource for me when I was applying so feel free to message me with questions or concerns you may have and I'll try to promptly reply. Please note that I can not/will not provide any direct interview questions, but all else is fair game!

Good afternoon, today I received an interview invitation for November 6 for Rutgers PA program. I am part of the last group of individuals conducting the group interview that day, and I was wondering what one does during that 2 hour wait? (interview are from 10:30am to 12:30pm, mine is at 12:00pm to 12:30pm)? 

On 8/17/2018 at 7:43 AM, Rubimar said:

I got that same email July 11th, haven't heard back since...the waiting is killing me!

Hi! I also got that e-mail July 11th. This morning I received an interview invite for November 16th. I hope you also got an invite! Good luck to the both of us!

Edited by RDtoPAC
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, eskeetit said:

Good afternoon, today I received an interview invitation for November 6 for Rutgers PA program. I am part of the last group of individuals conducting the group interview that day, and I was wondering what one does during that 2 hour wait? (interview are from 10:30am to 12:30pm, mine is at 12:00pm to 12:30pm)? 

Congrats on your interview! Unless they've changed the format, after the morning introduction & school tour you will sit around with a faculty member and current student(s) where they will discuss more about the program and answer any questions you may have. I was also part of the 12pm interview group and I remember starving by the end since I had breakfast at 6am that morning, so make sure to eat up or bring a snack with you!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I ended up applying to Rutgers towards the deadline because I was going back and forth whether or not I would be a competitive applicant. So, I just wanted to share that I received an invitation to interview at Rutgers in November! I wanted to write this to tell others that my stats were not as great as those posted on here, including subpar GPA, lower PCE hours, etc. I truly feel my personal statement and my experiences played a major factor on boosting my application enough to be invited to interview! Best of luck to those interviewing, and to those who haven't heard back yet please don't give up hope and stay positive!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, lotusflower1 said:

Congrats on your interview! Unless they've changed the format, after the morning introduction & school tour you will sit around with a faculty member and current student(s) where they will discuss more about the program and answer any questions you may have. I was also part of the 12pm interview group and I remember starving by the end since I had breakfast at 6am that morning, so make sure to eat up or bring a snack with you!

Thank you for the advice ill be sure to bring a snack or two for sure!

Edited by eskeetit

On 8/31/2018 at 3:07 PM, allthingspa said:

Angelica just called to offer me a seat! I’m excited to put my deposit down after the holiday weekend! Rutgers was my top choice out of all the schools I’ve interviewed at ?

Did you get any kind of email confirmation after sending in the forms and deposit? I got a confirmation after putting in my deposit but I didn't know if I should have heard something else from them

13 hours ago, pastudent96 said:

Hey everyone! I ended up applying to Rutgers towards the deadline because I was going back and forth whether or not I would be a competitive applicant. So, I just wanted to share that I received an invitation to interview at Rutgers in November! I wanted to write this to tell others that my stats were not as great as those posted on here, including subpar GPA, lower PCE hours, etc. I truly feel my personal statement and my experiences played a major factor on boosting my application enough to be invited to interview! Best of luck to those interviewing, and to those who haven't heard back yet please don't give up hope and stay positive!

When did you apply? Also did you receive an email that you're moving onto the next round before the interview invite?

If you don't mind, I would love to know your stats as another low GPA applicant.

Just got this preliminary status email:

Thank you for joining us on campus for your interview day.  The Admissions Committee is still in the interview process of the application review cycle.  We anticipate completing the interviews by the end of December 2018.  We will provide you with an update as early as possible.

Please update your CASPA application with your Summer 2018 and/or Fall 2018 semester grades, if applicable.