Rudeboyirie

NHSC Scholarship 2018 Thread

46 minutes ago, hlpac said:

Hi MG, I remember attending the webinar recently and this question coming up. According to the response, allocations are reviewed once applications close, and there's no advantage in applying early. I do wonder where you got the other info from? I hope this helps.

This is very helpful thank you! If it was stated twice by those that know the process best, I am confident trusting that! The information I received was from a PA student, so maybe the process has changed or this wasn't correctly stated to begin with. Thanks again! :)

The Ultimate Guide to Getting Into Physician Assistant School, Fourth Edition

4 hours ago, MG358 said:

This is very helpful thank you! If it was stated twice by those that know the process best, I am confident trusting that! The information I received was from a PA student, so maybe the process has changed or this wasn't correctly stated to begin with. Thanks again! :)

My pleasure! (:

Hey everyone,

So I have a question regarding the "dual degree" option it says on the application. During my interview, our program director talked to me about the likelihood of our program adding a concurrent PA/MPH program starting with our cohort. I will definitely be doing this option if the program comes to fruition, but am technically only enrolled in the PA program at this time. Do you think it would be unethical on the application to state that I am in fact enrolled in a dual degree PA/MPH option? Again, if available, I will be doing the concurrent route.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks

On 4/18/2018 at 2:40 PM, medlabscientist said:

I didn't choose one because I didn't know if they meant we must serve in that specialty during our service commitment, so I choose not to pick one in order to keep my options open.

I have an answer to my question now! I sat in on the NHSC Q&A session last week (?) and they said it is highly recommended to select a specialty. Although, I think one of my classmates who was selected did not choose a specialty when he applied and obviously he was fine.

Hey all! Just wanted to introduce myself- I’m Taylor! Looking forward to going through this process with y’all. I applied last year and the wait was grueling. But hopefully the outcome will be well worth the wait this time!

On 5/10/2018 at 8:42 PM, PrePA93 said:

I did not were we supposed to?

I didn't, but only so I could stay under the 2,500 limit. 

On 5/12/2018 at 6:33 PM, Tbauer10 said:

Hey all! Just wanted to introduce myself- I’m Taylor! Looking forward to going through this process with y’all. I applied last year and the wait was grueling. But hopefully the outcome will be well worth the wait this time!

Did you get the scholarship? Do you have any advice? 

Edited by AZDreamer89