Doane University vs UNE for Biochemistry

I’ve never taken a class through UNE online but I HIGHLY recommend Doane. I just finished their biochem course. The professor is awesome and works with your schedule in regards to assignment deadlines. I spent probably 1-3 hours per night on average on the coursework. I got a 97 in the class. You have one exam while the rest of the grades are assignments and discussion based learning modules. If you have any more questions please DM me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Here's another recommend for the Doane course! I was in the same online class as Jchen14 earlier this year. The professor is very responsive and has set the course up in a way that will help you learn the topics. It is fast-paced, and there is a fair amount of work each week because the class is only 8 weeks long, but it's worth it. I did well in the class and enjoyed the fact that we had discussion boards. The book was also set up in such a way that it had a clinical/medical focus, so you could apply what your'e learning to real life.

• 3 months later...

I am registered for the course online through Doane this Fall, but have not received any other information.  Do we need to submit our transcripts or pre-requisites in order to take the course?  Or will we be emailed a link for the course page at some point?  Any information would be helpful!  Thanks.

• 7 months later...
On 3/13/2018 at 3:48 PM, Jchen14 said:

I’ve never taken a class through UNE online but I HIGHLY recommend Doane. I just finished their biochem course. The professor is awesome and works with your schedule in regards to assignment deadlines. I spent probably 1-3 hours per night on average on the coursework. I got a 97 in the class. You have one exam while the rest of the grades are assignments and discussion based learning modules. If you have any more questions please DM me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey I'm currently debating on taking the biochem course at Doane and I wanted to know which schools you were applying too im applying to Touro will they accept it? 

21 hours ago, attias1 said:

hey I'm currently debating on taking the biochem course at Doane and I wanted to know which schools you were applying too im applying to Touro will they accept it? 

I would think that most schools would accept it, but I would email the schools you're applying to and ask them just to make sure that they do.

7 hours ago, onaj1025 said:

Hi! I am enrolled in this course and I am excited! What was the platform of the online class like? Was there a lecture component or was it just teaching yourself?

Thank you!

Im not sure what PA school you are applying to but a lot of them don't accept online science classes. Have you checked into that? C8E7E308-CA14-4876-8682-6F9029856871.thumb.png.a264c6603849736f7168011010a7c4e3.png

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2020 at 7:41 PM, Siberian said:

I am looking for a good online school for organic chemistry and genetics and I heard that doane was a good school to take these.  I just wanted to know if this is true and if the tests are proctored or not.

Hey, i am registered for organic chem right now. they tests are not proctored for what i've heard. Are you registered for it? 

Edited by EEERR

On 4/25/2020 at 10:41 AM, Codehealth said:

I'm looking to take Organic Chemistry at UNE vs. Doane? Any thoughts?

I just took gen chem at doane and it was structured nicely. Not too overwhelming. i registered for organic chemistry with them as well and trying to find reviews as well. Are you registered with any? 

On 4/16/2020 at 7:41 PM, Siberian said:

I am looking for a good online school for organic chemistry and genetics and I heard that doane was a good school to take these.  I just wanted to know if this is true and if the tests are proctored or not.

If you need organic chemistry 1 and 2, I offer these courses online as I teach at North Central Missouri College.  All of my quizzes/tests/final are open-book, open notes, open internet, and you are encouraged to work with others.  I utilize the collaborative approach to focus on learning and not rote memorization.  I do my best to accommodate students as I offer all my courses each term.  Let me know if you have any questions.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Siberian said:

Thanks EEERR for replying.  Sorry it took so long for my reply, I got a little busy at work.  You said you took gen chem at doane.  How was the tests.  I am not registered yet but planning to be soon.

Oh of course! There were connect assignments every week and one test which is the finals. there are quizzes every week and the final is structured the same as the quizzes. The homeworks do take a lot of time so you have to be prepared to spend several hours on it. it is not timed and you can take a break and return to them when you're ready.

• 1 month later...
Guest mands

Hi! I took classes at both UNE and doane! 

I will say DOANE > UNE! all day, everyday.

UNE found itself to be more expensive when I took micro there because I had to buy ALL the materials. I mean, microscope, chemicals, all of it.

Doane had some really cool online simulated labs. 

Found doane to be easier. If anyone has any questions about specific classes, chances are I took them already. Feel free to shoot me a message

• 1 year later...
On 6/25/2020 at 2:55 PM, Guest mands said:

UNE found itself to be more expensive when I took micro there because I had to buy ALL the materials. I mean, microscope, chemicals, all of it.

Found doane to be easier. If anyone has any questions about specific classes, chances are I took them already. Feel free to shoot me a message

Have you taken O-Chem or Bio-chem? If so what what the difficulty of those courses? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 4:55 PM, Guest mands said:

Did you take Immunology, Gen. Bio 2, or Molecular biology at Doane?