Hello! I was wondering what chemistry grades people have received and whether they were able to get into PA school with them. I have currently an A in gen chem 1, a B- in genchem 2 and orgo 1, and a B in orgo 2. Should I retake any classes? Or will I be able to get into a PA school with these grades? (Just a note my overall science gpa is 3.5). 

Sorry for the annoying question, but any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you! 

-Maylily7

I think it depends on the school. If I remember correctly I think some schools won’t accept below a B in prereqs. Try to look into schools you might be interested in (daunting task I know) to get a feel. I generally think it’s best to restrict yourself from as few schools as possible. If I were you I probably would retake the B- classes and try very hard to get As. You can do both of those classes a a junior college to save money. If time is a real issue you could always apply with what you have (to schools that accept B-) with the plan to retake those 2 classes before reapplying if you don’t make it the first time. 

Archived