Months leading up to school...

OMG YES. I am working for a big healthcare company right now, typical 8-5 office job. It's miserable. It's good pay, so I am trying to look at positive but yes, I completely feel your pain. School starts in August and I have been counting down since I was accepted in July. Lolol makes a year feel like eternity. 

10 minutes ago, KPayne said:

OMG YES. I am working for a big healthcare company right now, typical 8-5 office job. It's miserable. It's good pay, so I am trying to look at positive but yes, I completely feel your pain. School starts in August and I have been counting down since I was accepted in July. Lolol makes a year feel like eternity. 

I feel terrible for feeling this way. I can't imagine not getting in...and having to go through the entire process again. BUT that feeling really is real. It is so hard to come to allergy/lab job knowing that I'm so close to more clinical responsibility that I have been longing for.

Yes, I completely understandable. Especially thankful I was lucky enough to make it through without having to go through the viscous cycle all over again. People always say to enjoy the down time before PA school and blah blah, I am sure in a few months I will agree with them. But for right now, I'm just ready to get this show on the road.

Yes, I completely understandable. Especially thankful I was lucky enough to make it through without having to go through the viscous cycle all over again. People always say to enjoy the down time before PA school and blah blah, I am sure in a few months I will agree with them. But for right now, I'm just ready to get this show on the road.

The work that PA school applications require is no joke let alone relaxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I' just trying to get enough money for some cushion during school. Pay some bills and plan a vacation. 

Hawaii sounds good haha. 

Few more months guys. Then we all will be in a world of hurt and wish we had the "problems" we have right now. 

What are you guys doing in your free times right now? I decided to start working out again.

On 2/8/2018 at 8:11 AM, BearDown said:

I understand most discuss studying or not studying/vacation or no vacation.

Anyone else just struggle with motivation to get up and go to work at your HCE job?

I feel like life is on "hold" for 6 months.

Amen. I'm finishing up one final pre-req but it's been tough to find motivation beyond what's absolutely required. Crazy to consider just how stressful the application cycle truly was on all of us. 

3 hours ago, boli said:

Amen. I'm finishing up one final pre-req but it's been tough to find motivation beyond what's absolutely required. Crazy to consider just how stressful the application cycle truly was on all of us. 

I still can't shake the habit of checking my email every 15 minutes. I am just working non-healthcare to pass the time. It's still dragging though.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:11 AM, BearDown said:

I understand most discuss studying or not studying/vacation or no vacation.

Anyone else just struggle with motivation to get up and go to work at your HCE job?

I feel like life is on "hold" for 6 months.

Completely agree - I actually just lowered the amount of hours I'm working at my HCE job so I can focus on myself and chill for a bit. Honestly, it's hard to continue since I know I'm already in school (and the pay isn't great anyways)

On 2/11/2018 at 4:46 PM, ama6051 said:

Completely agree - I actually just lowered the amount of hours I'm working at my HCE job so I can focus on myself and chill for a bit. Honestly, it's hard to continue since I know I'm already in school (and the pay isn't great anyways)

^^^ sames, but instead I just put in my month's notice. My "focus on myself" kinda stuff is like knitting, painting, and finally getting my driver's license since I'm moving to a location where a car is necessary. Also hoping to finally hit the gym more frequently, and see my family in other states.. SO GOOD TO BE IN!!!

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, deluxepickle said:

^^^ sames, but instead I just put in my month's notice. My "focus on myself" kinda stuff is like knitting, painting, and finally getting my driver's license since I'm moving to a location where a car is necessary. Also hoping to finally hit the gym more frequently, and see my family in other states.. SO GOOD TO BE IN!!!

^^^ my life. I went PRN at my job so I can have some money but have time to focus on me, my friends and family and traveling! The months have surely been dragging though!

• 4 weeks later...

Our acceptance letters came 10 months before our start date. After I accepted my seat I cut down my hours quite a bit which felt really nice.

Then I honestly just quit my job a solid month and a half before starting LOL. 

I didn't need to rack up hours anymore and I had saved enough money to be able to cover my rent. Totally worth it. 

I was recently accepted into a program that begins in October.....I graduate undergrad in May of this year which will complete my final pre-req. I bought a condo near school, however, and now have a mortage payment going into it! So as much as I would like to relax, I'll be working crazy hours to pay the mortgage until I can take out loans (I bought priced decently enough so that it will actually be lower than most people pay in rent). I was wondering if it would do any good to begin looking at the curriculum and trying to brush up on terms or if it would just be better to only work and relax in the down time. Good answers so far!

On 3/15/2018 at 10:04 PM, fromCNAtoPA said:

Our acceptance letters came 10 months before our start date. After I accepted my seat I cut down my hours quite a bit which felt really nice.

Then I honestly just quit my job a solid month and a half before starting LOL. 

I didn't need to rack up hours anymore and I had saved enough money to be able to cover my rent. Totally worth it. 

I have my final day of work a month out from school starting...Certainly looking forward to that!

Archived