Touro Manhattan-Bayshore 2017-2018

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, imat28 said:

Did anyone apply around January? I just found out that they accept Junior students, so I applied a week ago. I was wondering what are my chances of getting in. 

You have a chance. So many applicants have already been interviewed and if they fill before you got an interview there's your answer but they do typically interview all the way into June if they feel they haven't found the students they are looking for. I was told from the admissions dept. that they wont settle unless they have exhausted all possible resources. I don't know your stats and experience etc. but if you are a upper echelon student with great experience your chances will be much greater even compared to those who had applied when CASPA first opened. Hope this helps sorry for the wordiness.

7 hours ago, PArockstar said:

I got an email on Jan 2 saying they have received my verified application and they will do a preliminary review and credit evaluation of your application. I haven't heard back since...

Yea you are in the preliminary phase so you are good. After they review they will decided whether you've earned an interview. It takes a while. They interview into May and make final decisions June 1st.

On 1/25/2018 at 5:11 PM, PA247 said:

Hi did anyone else who received an email that their " application is active during this admissions cycle" after interviewing receive any response?

Hi, 

I interviewed on Jan 29 Manhattan. I received an email yesterday saying thank you for interviewing and currently reviewing all applicants etc. Is this similar to the email you received after interview? 

1 hour ago, Akv12c said:

Hi, 

I interviewed on Jan 29 Manhattan. I received an email yesterday saying thank you for interviewing and currently reviewing all applicants etc. Is this similar to the email you received after interview? 

Hi!

I did not receive the email after the interview rather a few weeks later. 

Hope this helps. 

I was just accepted to the program as well, but am not yet 100 % sure I will be attending as I am considering this and another program! Was nice to be accepted 6 days from when I interviewed whereas last cycle they took 6 months to give me an answer and I didn’t get in lol. The interview process (since this was my second year interviewing here) is very straightforward and almost 100 % identical to the previous years interview format. Write a short essay and answer a 10 question quiz, a presentation by the program director, and then a 15-25 min interview with 2 faculty members. They just asked me what I have done healthcare experience wise, what I like to do for fun, and why I chose their program. All pretty common questions for all PA interviews (I have been through over 10 pa program interviews between this year and last year by this point)

• Upvote 1

Thank you and good luck! It seems obvious that what got me in this year versus last year was just increased healthcare experience hours and maybe I just interviewed better? Hadn’t taken any additional courses academically. Around 1000 total hours experience wise between being a medical scribe, hospital volunteer, EMT, and physical therapy aide. I had a cumulative 3.63 GPA and a bachelors in biology from stony brook. 

Nice, congrats! Did you get any other email before then (besides the confirmation after you submitted CASPA)? And when did u submit your app? 

Submitted my application 8/21 and received an email that said “your application has been submitted to admissions committee” on 1/11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk