Thinking of making a move to either location from North Carolina.

Any insight from those of you that work in these cities?  Weird laws or things I need to square away before moving? Places people love to work? Places to avoid? Coming from community health, would love to stay in primary care. Speak spanish and would love to do that still too. 

Any other insight from those of you that have moved states for work? 

Thanks! 

printer,

I don't work in Chicago, but I am from a nearby suburb. I can try to help you with any questions regarding Illinois laws, but I am not completely familiar with all of Chicago's "nuances". It is...different from the rest of Illinois. If you are fluent in Spanish and are looking to work in primary care, you should have no problem finding a job in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs. There is a growing Spanish-speaking community outside the city, and primary care needs follow the population growth. IM me or respond here if you have any other questions; I will try to answer them for you.

And yes, the weather is brutal at times around here. Coming from North Carolina, I imagine heat won't be an issue. Those winters though...

Archived