Wingate University Main Campus 2017-2018

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/11/2017 at 6:29 PM, Madhatter said:

@EeeyjayI was surprised as well. Do you remember how the waitlist worked? I thought I heard a current student say the waitlist was based on who applied first. But some universities rank you in other ways. Any idea?

I was waitlisted originally, I'm like 95% sure they meet and rank the waitlisted people. After being informed i was waitlisted after my february interview... they emailed me in late march (after all interviews were done). They trimmed the list and gave me a specific wait list number after i asked.

3 hours ago, AnatomyJane17 said:

anyone know how many interview spots are left? Or spots in the class? Thinking about submitting a late app here but trying to decide if it is worth it.

I would think many spots are still open but many of the interviews may have been scheduled. At this point, there have been 2-3 interview sessions already and they interview up to Feb/March i believe. Wingate has very specific requirements though so make sure you meet them.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ilygurlie said:

Do you happen to recall how long you spent with the faculty member on the one on one interview? Im super nervous for that. 

Hm, I can't say for sure, but it wasn't more than 20 or 30 minutes. I felt like it was a very typical interview, although the faculty member I spoke with was quite tough.

hey everyone! So I would like to apply to Wingate, and I was looking at the prereqs and I make all of them except I do not have an anatomy lab..... my college offers a cadaver lab but I never took it since u needed a B or higher and I got a B- :( is it not even worth applying ??

@pipergasaway Here’s what happened to me. They sent me an email last year saying they would like to invite me for an interview, but I didn’t have biochem completed.  I also took my statistics class over ten years ago, so if I wanted to attend there after the interview process, I’d have to retake it so it was within 10 years. I finished biochem and retook stats and was invited to interview.  They don’t really flex when it comes to having the correct prerequisites. Since anatomy lab is a prerequisite, they won’t be able to interview you.  Just my opinion though, good luck!

Archived