Wingate University Main Campus 2017-2018

I saw that a conversation has been started for the Hendersonville campus but not the main campus! I was wondering if we were supposed to receive a confirmation email that our CASPA was received from Wingate? My CASPA was verified 6/30 and GRE scores were sent 6/28 but I haven't received anything from them yet. I've heard from every other school besides this one! Is anyone else in the same boat? 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@rlschwar I got accepted into Midwestern University in Glendale.... I was born and raised in AZ and really didn't want to move out of state so last year I just applied to 2 schools in AZ and had an interview at Midwestern but got waitlisted! I received one of their first interview slots again this year and got accepted 4 days later!

@rlschwar The MMI portion was definitely a little nerve-wracking at first, but after the first station I started to get more comfortable with it. Don't be too stressed and try to enjoy the morning, it was really nice having a group of just 6 interviewees and it felt very personal. I'm not sure how they decide who to interview first... In my opinion, I'm probably an average (or maybe even slightly below average?) applicant in terms of the typical "stats". I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

11 minutes ago, Eeeyjay said:

@rlschwar The MMI portion was definitely a little nerve-wracking at first, but after the first station I started to get more comfortable with it. Don't be too stressed and try to enjoy the morning, it was really nice having a group of just 6 interviewees and it felt very personal. I'm not sure how they decide who to interview first... In my opinion, I'm probably an average (or maybe even slightly below average?) applicant in terms of the typical "stats". I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Did you have any group interviews or was the interview only mmi + one on one with faculty member?

4 minutes ago, Eeeyjay said:

@ilygurlie Just MMI, one on one with a faculty member, and a brief convo with current student that they pair you up with. We also sat in on part of an anatomy lecture. No group interview.

Thank you so much! I really feel like this program wants to get to know you. I've been on interviews where it was all MMI and I feel like the program didn't get to know me at all.

Archived