Hello,

So I submitted my CASPA application early July but my evaluations and transcripts are taking longer than expected to be received. My last evaluation is having some issues uploading the file and the last college I am waiting for to send in my transcripts sent them in last Tuesday but they still have not been received(I even ordered a rush transcript request from that school and paid for it). My first deadline isn't till Sept 1 but I know it is better to send in your application earlier to receive an earlier interview date even if admissions are not rolling. I am really stressed out and feel pretty helpless at this point. Any advice?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, UGoLong said:

Do not be stressed! Make the deadline but, if our non-rolling admission school is any indication, we have too much going on to start reading applications early.

Worry about what you can control and relax.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought most programs send out interviews in July though?

27 minutes ago, silverstarlight said:

I thought most programs send out interviews in July though?

Only if it is a rolling admissions program. And even then, July interviews are very early on in the cycle. If you applied to a non-rolling admissions program, they basically look over every application submitted by the deadline so applying early to those programs won't make a big difderence. 

Different schools are on different cycles. Ours starts in August with a class that had to apply by the preceding fall and were interviewed later in the fall. Our admin folks verify that all the prereqs are done (or planned) prior to the faculty review and the issuing of rounds of invitations. Interviews come in waves, with the more promising applicants, in general, invited earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, pastudentw said:

Only if it is a rolling admissions program. And even then, July interviews are very early on in the cycle. If you applied to a non-rolling admissions program, they basically look over every application submitted by the deadline so applying early to those programs won't make a big difderence. 

Not necessarily true.  They may look over every app submitted by the deadline but that doesn't mean applying early won't make sure you get a better glance at your app.  Rolling vs non rolling admissions is about just that- admissions.  Meaning non rolling admissions has the bulk of the class admitted after all interviews are done whereas rolling admission can have the class full before interviews are over.  They aren't going to wait until deadline to read 2000 applications - it would logistically just not work time wise.  So applying earlier can make sure they are reading your app before others and may decide to offer an interview before they are inundated with applications at the deadline.  (note: every school has their own process, but I just wanted to point out that applying earlier CAN make a big difference even in non rolling admission programs; my program had its first interview date and offers for the second date before the application deadline even though they are non-rolling admissions (students aren't admitted, just interviewed) - so applying earlier can be an advantage)

2 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

From what I've seen, application processing is batched. No one is sitting in the mailroom waiting for just one to come in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

An earlier batch is still earlier than a later batch.  Something to be said for that.  I doubt anyone waits until ALL the apps are in at deadline to start reviewing them, either.

But that's neither here nor there.  OP has plenty of time and won't be missing deadlines.  Weeklong hold ups are not going to make or break an application.

22 hours ago, MT2PA said:

An earlier batch is still earlier than a later batch.  Something to be said for that.  I doubt anyone waits until ALL the apps are in at deadline to start reviewing them, either.

But that's neither here nor there.  OP has plenty of time and won't be missing deadlines.  Weeklong hold ups are not going to make or break an application.

So as long as I finished everything at least a month before it shouldn't make a difference?

Archived