2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am currently in my 1st year here at the UNC PA program. If you guys have any questions about the program I would be happy to try and answer them. I spoke with the faculty, and they said they will be sending out interviews the beginning to middle of August. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi MelissaW83,

I would have to say what I like most about the program is that they are genuinely their to help you succeed. They do everything they can to help you with your courses and are very receptive to feedback. Since the program is new, their are still a few bumps to be hammered out, but they do everything they can to make the next semester better for their students. Since the program is also only 20 students, it feels more like a family. Everyone helps everyone and no one gets left behind. As far as skills lab goes, we spend about 4 hours a week on average working with standardized patients, hospital patients, and working with our classmates to better our history, physical, diagnosis, and treatment plans. I don't know exactly the class statistics as to grades and GRE scores, but everyone comes from many different backgrounds. I think our average student age is 30 and clinic hours vary greatly between everyone. Also, about half of our class was in the military previously. I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if their is anything else I can answer for you!

That is great thank you ! Part of what I love about Chapel Hill is the commitment to Veterans. I previously served in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman . 

That is great about class size and the team approach. That is what I am looking for in a program. 

Thank you so much for responding and taking time out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

I haven't heard anything from UNC over the weekend( or even since my application was complete). However I did start browsing the website of the program and it says that interviews will be given out 01 September 2017 with interview dates to be around 18-22 September 2017 with decisions coming out 01 October 2017.

I am hoping that I am not coming off harshly, I truly promise that is not how I am meaning to come off. I know that I am quite anxious about it and seeing dates really helped me. 

I have also attached a screen shot of the page that on the website just to show where I was getting the information. I just wanted to give everyone the opportunity to read what I had read as well. 

Good luck to everyone applying! 

UNCChapelHill.png

1 hour ago, MelissaW83 said:

Hi 

I haven't heard anything from UNC over the weekend( or even since my application was complete). However I did start browsing the website of the program and it says that interviews will be given out 01 September 2017 with interview dates to be around 18-22 September 2017 with decisions coming out 01 October 2017.

I am hoping that I am not coming off harshly, I truly promise that is not how I am meaning to come off. I know that I am quite anxious about it and seeing dates really helped me. 

I have also attached a screen shot of the page that on the website just to show where I was getting the information. I just wanted to give everyone the opportunity to read what I had read as well. 

Good luck to everyone applying! 

UNCChapelHill.png

Thank you! This is really helpful!

On 8/17/2017 at 1:29 PM, ajobst09 said:

This waiting deal is so stressful. lol.

I re-read the admissions page and saw that it said, you will receive a decision BY September 1st. Now I stop checking my emails by 2pm everyday because I live in Washington state. You are right, the waiting is stressful but not as bad as the application process itself.

Thank you ! 

I'm totally losing my mind over this application! 

In terms of GPA where it has the two categories  THe pre-requisite and regular GPA. I know that the pre-requisite has to be at least 3.2 but the first one it says 3.0 or last 60 3.0. Does that mean that for the overall you either have to be over3.0 total or over 3.0 for the last 60?

Sorry for all the questions I'm stressing about all aspects here.

4 minutes ago, MelissaW83 said:

Thank you ! 

I'm totally losing my mind over this application! 

In terms of GPA where it has the two categories  THe pre-requisite and regular GPA. I know that the pre-requisite has to be at least 3.2 but the first one it says 3.0 or last 60 3.0. Does that mean that for the overall you either have to be over3.0 total or over 3.0 for the last 60?

Sorry for all the questions I'm stressing about all aspects here.

The last 60 is for people like me who's first 60 was not over 3.0. My last 60 is 3.8 but my first 60 was 1.8

9 minutes ago, MelissaW83 said:

So if the cumulative is not over 3.0 they will review the last 60? I'm sorry for all the questions :(

In theory, yes. From what I have read, and I have done extensive research over the last year in the process seeing as how I fit that mold. There is certainly a lot more that is involved within your application but the GPA is a large hurdle and gets people eliminated almost immediately if they do not fit the pre-requisites.

Archived