2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On August 25, 2017 at 4:38 PM, AKPA89 said:

I know that the 1st year class and my class, all the interviews went out on the same day. So I would assume they would do the same this year, but I am not a 100% sure. I can ask on Monday, and try and get some more information about interview invites.

AKPA89,

I take from your post you are in your first year? Do you have any advice for preparing for the first day/week? I am sure there will be assessments to see where everyone is..

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

AKPA89,

I take from your post you are in your first year? Do you have any advice for preparing for the first day/week? I am sure there will be assessments to see where everyone is..

I'm in my first year at UNC as well. I'd say for anyone accepted...just try to relax and enjoy yourself before classes start. If you had to move, get your family/yourself set up and comfortable in the new place. Get good sleep and eat good food. Spend quality time with loved ones. Try to go on a trip and have lots of fun before school starts! You will have plenty time to study later!!

For me personally, I didn't have a large professional wardrobe because I wore uniforms to work. So I started building that. Go ahead and buy the PANCE Prep Pearls book; it's really helpful during didactic. 

But really, my biggest advice would be to relax. :) You're in PA school now! Celebrate!

13 minutes ago, VioletFire5 said:

I'm in my first year at UNC as well. I'd say for anyone accepted...just try to relax and enjoy yourself before classes start. If you had to move, get your family/yourself set up and comfortable in the new place. Get good sleep and eat good food. Spend quality time with loved ones. Try to go on a trip and have lots of fun before school starts! You will have plenty time to study later!!

For me personally, I didn't have a large professional wardrobe because I wore uniforms to work. So I started building that. Go ahead and buy the PANCE Prep Pearls book; it's really helpful during didactic. 

But really, my biggest advice would be to relax. :) You're in PA school now! Celebrate!

Thanks so much for the advice! Very exciting!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/28/2017 at 7:03 PM, AKPA89 said:

Hi everyone, I am currently in my 1st year here at the UNC PA program. If you guys have any questions about the program I would be happy to try and answer them. I spoke with the faculty, and they said they will be sending out interviews the beginning to middle of August. Best of luck to everyone!

I have great stats everywhere except my GRE score...295 (Q153). Prior military medic and EMT for 6 years. I know the preferred score is 300+; do you know if this will disqualify me? Just need a little hope.
-My next question is when are the interviews ex: late August, Early Sept, etc....
-And lastly, is there any Spanish medical course that takes place ? I am bilingual and would like to continue with it in the medical field.
Hope to hear from you soon!

On 8/27/2017 at 8:22 AM, AKPA89 said:

So last year when I interviewed it was an all day event. In the morning we all met with the director of the program and the faculty, they talked a little bit about the program and then gave us our schedules for the day. From there we split up and did a number of things. On the schedule we had a team building exercise, we were provided a prompt and had to write an essay, we were interviewed by current students, then we had lunch with the students, we got to observe a class and get a tour of the facilities, and of course we had three individual interviews with two faculty sitting in each interview. So it was a full day, but it was a good day. They make you feel at home and it helps take the stress off, just a little bit. Hope that helps.

So much information! Thank you! I am curious to know what you mean by prompt and had to write an essay. Can you elaborate on that? Also, what were you stats? Hope to hear from you soon!

9 hours ago, Jbalcazar said:

So much information! Thank you! I am curious to know what you mean by prompt and had to write an essay. Can you elaborate on that? Also, what were you stats? Hope to hear from you soon!

Hello,

Per the program, I can't really say more than that about the prompt. Just be prepared to write an essay on interview day. Also, I think in the other post of mine that you commented on you asked if there were any Spanish/bilingual classes and unfortunately there is not. Interviews were different this year from my class. We had a full day of interview stuff (this year was only half days), and my interview was in the middle of September. As far as interviews go I think they will span over a couple of weeks and start end August/Early September. As far as my stats, 

GRE: 319

GPA: 3.7, science GPA: 3.9

Hours: well over 57,000 hours 

Hope this helps, I am currently in my clinical year now, so if you have any questions about clinicals for this program or more questions about the school/program or the interview day, just let me know. I am glad to help. Good luck

I am applying this cycle 2018-2019 and I wanted to ask if you had to upload your DD214 (prior military) and other supporting documents along with your CASPA app ? For UNC it is asking me to upload:

• Military Papers Section: Military Separation Forms (DD214)
  • Other Section: Military Transcripts
  • Other Section: Completed Patient Care Experience Forms

Can someone elaborate how I can upload my completed PCE? I have about 4 years as a military medic and 2 years as a first responder.

• 4 months later...

Archived