Case Western 2017-2018 Application Process

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

I received my acceptance call from Dr. Shafran yesterday morning!!! I am super excited for the opportunity and I look forward to meeting my future classmates!! I’m going to be a PA!! I’m still in shock!!

I told you it would happen!! I am so excited and happy for you!!! 

1 hour ago, tjl2888 said:

I received my acceptance call from Dr. Shafran yesterday morning!!! I am super excited for the opportunity and I look forward to meeting my future classmates!! I’m going to be a PA!! I’m still in shock!!

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you! Finally! I see that you’ve been in somewhat of a constant state of worry these past few months often seeing your posts on the forum so let me say I am SUPER relieved and happy FOR you!! You earned it :)

21 hours ago, abp_520 said:

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you! Finally! I see that you’ve been in somewhat of a constant state of worry these past few months often seeing your posts on the forum so let me say I am SUPER relieved and happy FOR you!! You earned it :)

22 hours ago, robins53 said:

I told you it would happen!! I am so excited and happy for you!!! 

Thank you both!!

can I please be invited to the Facebook group for the class?!

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, LucAlum said:

Hi everyone! 

I interviewed at Case on Dec 14, and I received an acceptance offer three hours after the interview!!! I am super excited to meet everyone. I will add myself to the Facebook group as well!! :) 

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Nice to meet you! So excited to have you join the class of 2020. ?

• 1 month later...

I have withdrawn my seat acceptance due to being accepted to my first choice school in my home state in IL. It was THE hardest decision I’ve ever had to make walking away from a school like Case. :(

I hope my decision opens up a seat to one of you hopefuls who REALLY wants it! Best of luck! :) 

23 minutes ago, abp_520 said:

I have withdrawn my seat acceptance due to being accepted to my first choice school in my home state in IL. It was THE hardest decision I’ve ever had to make walking away from a school like Case. :(

I hope my decision opens up a seat to one of you hopefuls who REALLY wants it! Best of luck! :) 

Did you just recently notify them? And congrats and good luck in the future! 

7 hours ago, abp_520 said:

Sad face . Well good luck with everything. 

22 hours ago, anam828 said:

Received alternate list email today - 2/1/18 

What exactly did your email say? The last email I got was in December and said that they’d be updating me of my final status “no later than January 31st.” Yet here it is, February 2nd, and I’ve gotten nothing ? 

3 hours ago, RebJab16 said:

What exactly did your email say? The last email I got was in December and said that they’d be updating me of my final status “no later than January 31st.” Yet here it is, February 2nd, and I’ve gotten nothing ? 

Thank you once again for interviewing with our program and offering us the opportunity to get to know a bit more about you. We wanted to update you to let you know that we have now completed our interview process for the 2017-2018 admissions cycle.  

The Admissions Committee of the Physician Assistant Program at Case Western Reserve University has met to review your application for admission.  At this time, we would like to offer you a position on our alternate list for admission to the Class of 2020 (entering in May 2018).

and then it asked me to confirm my place by Feb 8th!

1 minute ago, anam828 said:

Thank you once again for interviewing with our program and offering us the opportunity to get to know a bit more about you. We wanted to update you to let you know that we have now completed our interview process for the 2017-2018 admissions cycle.  

The Admissions Committee of the Physician Assistant Program at Case Western Reserve University has met to review your application for admission.  At this time, we would like to offer you a position on our alternate list for admission to the Class of 2020 (entering in May 2018).

and then it asked me to confirm my place by Feb 8th!

Ahh gotcha! So I’m probably not even on the alternate list then. I’m happy with the school I’ve committed to so it’s no biggie but I was just curious as to what it said! Thanks for letting me know! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 8:45 PM, mortc15 said:

Does anybody know how many people they place on the alternate list? All the email I received said “a small group.” 

I'm on the waitlist too (received waitlist email 1/25/18 and interviewed 11/16/17), has anyone else on the waitlist gotten any updates yet? 

I keep hoping that every call I get from an unknown number is from the school but they always end up being spam calls ? 

10 hours ago, jng07 said:

I'm on the waitlist too (received waitlist email 1/25/18 and interviewed 11/16/17), has anyone else on the waitlist gotten any updates yet? 

I keep hoping that every call I get from an unknown number is from the school but they always end up being spam calls ? 

Been feeling the same way haha. I interviews that day also and heard back via email around the same time. Based on other comments, they didn’t issue any denials to anybody last year so I’m curious as to what the wait list means. They really just leave you hanging imo. 

Although I was absolutely smitten with excitement to join you all in Cleveland this May, some unexpected personal issues have suddenly arisen in my life that have caused me to make the tremendously difficult decision to attend a different program closer to Chicago. I have never felt so at home in an interview, and there is no doubt in my mind CWRU and its talented faculty will transform you all into some of the best PAs in the profession. I wish you all luck with the start of your classes, and look forward to possibly interacting with some of you in the medical realm. For those on the alternate list, I also hope someone gets an acceptance call soon!

Archived