Case Western 2017-2018 Application Process

50 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

Did anyone from yesterday's interview hear back? Did anyone new from the 10/19 interview hear back? I did get an update email on 10/30. Same email was sent out last year per the forum (minus the change in dates)

Thank you for interviewing with the CWRU Physician Assistant Program.  Just a quick note to touch base with you and let you know where we are with our admissions process.  Interviews are going well and will continue through December 21, 2017.  We are beginning to offer a few (conditional) acceptances while continuing to review all interviewed applicants.

We are excited to be considering candidates for our third class from all over the United States. We continue to enhance our didactic curriculum and our first cohort of students has already begun their clinical rotations. 

Our current first year students have begun their community engagement at Play, Learn and Grow, Ohio’s early intervention program for children with developmentally impairments and delays.  Students are also actively engaged in Staywell, the wellness screening and health education program affiliated with the Cleveland Hunger Network.  Additionally, we continue to increase our faculty, bolstering our expertise in the area of interprofessional education.

At present we are still actively considering your application.  We will try to update you regarding your status every couple of weeks until completion of our admissions process.  We appreciate that you may have to respond to other programs before we can give you a definite response regarding your status, but we are doing our best to move through this process in a timely yet thoughtful manner.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through our admissions process.

Sincerely,

David Shafran, MD, MA
Medical Director and
Chair, Admissions Committee

Cynthia Booth Lord, MHS, PA-C
PA Program Director
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, Ohio

Are you sure it was interviews yesterday? Others say they are interviewing on the 16th from the post. ?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, robins53 said:

Are you sure it was interviews yesterday? Others say they are interviewing on the 16th from the post. ?

I originally was slotted to interview on Nov 9th per my invitation email, but I moved it to Oct 19th because they had a spot open. So there wasn't an interview yesterday??

Interview Date and How to Confirm
We would like to invite you to an interview scheduled for:    

Thursday, November 9, 2017, from 7:30 am-1:50 pm

Please confirm your attendance by noon on Monday, September 25, by sending an e-mail to Michelle Gotto, PA Program coordinator at mxg467@case.edu. If you do not confirm your interview by the deadline, we will assume that you have decided not to accept our offer of an interview and we will assign your interview time to another applicant.

Interviews will be held in the Medical School of Case Western Reserve University. Once you confirm your interview visit, a Visitors Guide will be sent to you containing information about transportation, accommodations, and things to do in Cleveland.

CWRU PA Interview Day Format
The interview day begins promptly at 7:30 am. You should arrive by 7:15 am so that you can register and pick up your interview information. You will be expected to be present for the entire morning session which will end at 1:50 pm.

Prior to the start of interviews, there will be important information given out regarding the program as well as the interview and the admissions processes. During the interview day you will also be given information about financial aid.

If you have any questions you can call (216) 368-0575.

Congratulations on being offered an interview at the CWRU PA Program!

Cynthia Lord, MHS, PA-C

Program Director

David Shafran, MD, MA

Chair of Admissions, Medical Director

3 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

I originally was slotted to interview on Nov 9th per my invitation email, but I moved it to Oct 19th because they had a spot open. So there wasn't an interview yesterday??

Interview Date and How to Confirm
We would like to invite you to an interview scheduled for:    

Thursday, November 9, 2017, from 7:30 am-1:50 pm

Please confirm your attendance by noon on Monday, September 25, by sending an e-mail to Michelle Gotto, PA Program coordinator at mxg467@case.edu. If you do not confirm your interview by the deadline, we will assume that you have decided not to accept our offer of an interview and we will assign your interview time to another applicant.

Interviews will be held in the Medical School of Case Western Reserve University. Once you confirm your interview visit, a Visitors Guide will be sent to you containing information about transportation, accommodations, and things to do in Cleveland.

CWRU PA Interview Day Format
The interview day begins promptly at 7:30 am. You should arrive by 7:15 am so that you can register and pick up your interview information. You will be expected to be present for the entire morning session which will end at 1:50 pm.

Prior to the start of interviews, there will be important information given out regarding the program as well as the interview and the admissions processes. During the interview day you will also be given information about financial aid.

If you have any questions you can call (216) 368-0575.

Congratulations on being offered an interview at the CWRU PA Program!

Cynthia Lord, MHS, PA-C

Program Director

David Shafran, MD, MA

Chair of Admissions, Medical Director

Wow. Idk. Because the other people on this forum said they had an interview on the 16th. 

Just now, robins53 said:

Yeah just be hopeful. Have you applied to other programs? 

Yea. I have a wait list at my state school, but I really liked case western and I feel like I had a strong interview. A lot of people last year received that email 2 weeks after their interview and ended up waiting a month after their interview before getting an offer. So hopefully my application will be addressed again after next week's interviews and I'll receive some good news. Professor Lord said not to worry if you don't get a call right away, so I'm doing just that...being only slightly anxious. haha.

12 minutes ago, tjl2888 said:

Yea. I have a wait list at my state school, but I really liked case western and I feel like I had a strong interview. A lot of people last year received that email 2 weeks after their interview and ended up waiting a month after their interview before getting an offer. So hopefully my application will be addressed again after next week's interviews and I'll receive some good news. Professor Lord said not to worry if you don't get a call right away, so I'm doing just that...being only slightly anxious. haha.

Yeah, if it’s meant to be it will happen. When I was at the interview a student told me that she didn’t hear from the school until a month after her interview to offer her admissions. 

1 minute ago, abp_520 said:

I saw on a posted sign when I interviewed that Last year they only had 75 interviews, and they accepted 38 students! So if interviewed, you have a 51% shot at acceptance!

Don’t get too anxious, a lot of offers will be turned down for other schools too. 

good luck! 

Thanks. I feel confident that I will end up somewhere, but I'm so ready to find out and start planning. 

2 hours ago, tjl2888 said:

So the one in September...oh god. That's a lengthy wait. :/

See, there is still hope.. they are pulling from the first interviews. I know when I interviewed they did tell us after each interview session they were going to go back and evaluate people from the previous interviews so don't hesitate, and just be patient. :)

Archived