2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/2/2018 at 3:46 AM, rfinch said:

Mine was verified early September as well.

On 1/1/2018 at 6:09 PM, mtorr_ca said:

Mine was verified sometime early September!

Would you two mind sharing your stats? A huge congrats on the interview invite! 

My application was verified beginning of Sept as well, and I haven't heard anything, so I'm wondering if that's pretty much a sign I won't be getting an interview.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:13 AM, rosiepoo_unowho said:

My application was verified beginning of Sept as well, and I haven't heard anything, so I'm wondering if that's pretty much a sign I won't be getting an interview.

I was also verified around the same time, GPA: 3.65, sGPA: 3.6, ~2500 PCE hours + 500 hrs volunteering, GRE: 157V 163Q 5.0 Writing.. I wouldn't worry too much though! USC will have at least 2 more interview sessions in Feb and March if last years forum is correct!

On 1/5/2018 at 1:13 PM, rosiepoo_unowho said:

Here are my stats:

GPA: 3.98

sGPA: 4.0

M.A. Cultural Anthropology

B.A. Anthropology, summa cum laude, graduated with distinction

GRE: Verbal Reasoning 164, Quant 151, Analytical Writing 4.5. 

Patient care hours: 2300+ as an EMT

Volunteer hours 600+ both in the US and abroad.

Just now, hopefulPA92 said:

Does anyone know if they send out final rejections to everyone at the end of interviews or do they send rejections throughout the last couple of months?

Those who do not meet requirements get rejections right away, those who interviewed but did not get accepted or wait-listed get a rejection email at the same time those wait-listed got their emails. The rest of the rejections (not getting an interview), happen after the final interviews. The first time I applied and was rejected without an interview I received the email in March or April. 

For those who receive rejections, keep applying. It takes most of us multiple times to get in. It took me 3 times... 3rd times a charm :) 

Hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

On 1/14/2018 at 8:58 AM, rfinch said:

Anyone interviewing this Saturday interested in grabbing a bite to eat the night before? We all have to eat anyways, right? Might as well do it together and get a jump start on introductions!

So, right now it's just me and one other candidate meeting up early Friday evening to grab some food. If anyone else is interested, please feel free to message me anytime between now and Friday night. Hope to see you all on Saturday!

8 hours ago, rfinch said:

So, right now it's just me and one other candidate meeting up early Friday evening to grab some food. If anyone else is interested, please feel free to message me anytime between now and Friday night. Hope to see you all on Saturday!

I may want to meet up, however, I maybe getting in late that night. If I am able to drive down earlier...I will let you know! Thanks!! 

1 hour ago, nvocgka said:

Just received an interview invite for February 10th!! SO excited!! Honestly didn't think I was going to receive an invite. Any advice on where to stay?

I stayed at The Weston, for my interview. It was a nice hotel, it's pricey but if you look at different booking sites you can find a good deal. There is also deals for federal employees, AAA members etc... plus they let you bring dogs (the main reason I stayed there ha)

Hi! For the e-mail that Sara sent me, she told me to respond with confirmation that I want to attend the interview by Tuesday the 30th. I e-mailed her on Saturday the 27th. Does she usually reply to confirm that she received your confirmation? Every other school has always replied but I still have yet to receive a reply from her so I'm wondering if other people received a response after sending their confirmation e-mail to her.

Hi! For the e-mail that Sara sent me, she told me to respond with confirmation that I want to attend the interview by Tuesday the 30th. I e-mailed her on Saturday the 27th. Does she usually reply to confirm that she received your confirmation? Every other school has always replied but I still have yet to receive a reply from her so I'm wondering if other people received a response after sending their confirmation e-mail to her.
She replied to me after I sent in my confirmation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, nvocgka said:

No she only replied when I sent an email asking a question about the picture

18 minutes ago, philllyvee said:

Has anyone heard back from the January 20th interview yet?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nope! A current student told me Dr. Lohenry was teaching a class today (and he's the one making the phone calls out usually) so most likely...tomorrow? We'll see. I'm on the edge of my seat too! But then most calls seem to go out later in the day around 6p in previous posts..sooo...

Archived