2017-2018 Application Cycle

No call... but I just got an acceptance letter in my email! Hahaha! I can't believe it! This is seriously my dream school! Can't wait to meet everyone!
Hahaha I got an email as well. My dumbass didn't update my phone number when I changed carriers after applying. Excited to meet ya in August!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey everyone!

I am sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!! I got the call today from Dr. Lohenry I’m in! I am a second year applicant and for all the ones that are applying please do not give up its a matter of time stay motivated and you will get in, I promise!

Congratulation to all and I can not wait to meet you all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 7:06 PM, TrojanPa82 said:

Those who do not meet requirements get rejections right away, those who interviewed but did not get accepted or wait-listed get a rejection email at the same time those wait-listed got their emails. The rest of the rejections (not getting an interview), happen after the final interviews. The first time I applied and was rejected without an interview I received the email in March or April. 

For those who receive rejections, keep applying. It takes most of us multiple times to get in. It took me 3 times... 3rd times a charm :) 

Hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Hi! I'm a pre-PA student and I was wondering what you did for patient care hours? Whats the best way to get hours?

Hi! I'm a pre-PA student and I was wondering what you did for patient care hours? Whats the best way to get hours?
I was a phlebotomist at an inner city urban hospital for about 6 months before applying. I was incredibly lucky to land a job like that cuz most places won't hire a phlebotomist without any experience, especially in states like California. But I do recommend hospital phlebotomy if you can land a position. Unlike ED tech, CNA, scribe, or many of the other common PCE positions phlebotomy will have you seeing every department of the hospital and you'll be working with every patient demographic you can think of.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived