tcm123

2017-2018 Application Cycle

58 posts in this topic

Just wanted to start a new one for the year! 

Hi all,

So if I'm a first time CASPA applicant do I just not fill out question #4 on the supplemental?

On 6/20/2017 at 2:45 AM, leggopaschool said:

Hi all,

So if I'm a first time CASPA applicant do I just not fill out question #4 on the supplemental?

Ya, just put n/a. That's what I did last cycle.

Has anyone heard anything about interview days? I am submitted, verified and everything and just now waiting. 

Just finished my application today. The supplemental app took longer than I wanted it to take. But it's all done. All paid. Now we wait. Good luck everyone! 

I've gone to their info sessions and they say that they don't start looking at applications until July. Hope that helps. Good luck to everyone!

Edit: From past years though it seems that they don't start sending invites until August. Take that as you will I guess.

Edited by leggopaschool

Anyone else get that email about the 10 digit USC ID #? And the portal thing to login to? What's that all about

I got that as well. I'm hoping there would be more information in the next few days following. 

Glad I wasn't the only one who got it :)

I also got that email. I'm so confused. I am hoping they will continue updating us via email rather than requiring us to check our application status through that portal.

Got that email today too. Couldn't even find the MPAP degree under the master's portion but I honestly haven't looked at the email or the portal very closely yet. I'll help clarify if I figure anything out tomorrow! 

20 minutes ago, 3chainz said:

Got that email today too. Couldn't even find the MPAP degree under the master's portion but I honestly haven't looked at the email or the portal very closely yet. I'll help clarify if I figure anything out tomorrow! 

They said on the email to wait 3 to 5 days before making an account.

13 hours ago, NikkiO said:

They said on the email to wait 3 to 5 days before making an account.

lol oh shoot, I jumped the gun there. Thanks for pointing that out. I wonder if starting an account before then changes anything in regards of what to fill out later..

For the email that was sent out with the ten digit ID, do we need to do anything for that email? Like sign up for the account? In the confirmation email after I submitted my supplemental, it made it seem like my application was ready for review by the committee.

Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! If you have questions, don't be afraid to reach out!

Confused. I just created my youSC portal account and when I try to enter my USC ID I get this message: Sorry, the ID you entered was not located in our records. Please re-check the ID and log in again.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Confused. I just created my youSC portal account and when I try to enter my USC ID I get this message: Sorry, the ID you entered was not located in our records. Please re-check the ID and log in again.
Same here

On 8/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, queenbee88 said:
On 8/11/2017 at 4:54 AM, nvocgka said:

Same here

I just called the USC PA Program to see what we are supposed to do with the youSC account and I was told that we actually do not need to make this account at all (no harm if you already did). This was sent out accidentally and is only used for the other graduate programs that you apply to directly through the University, not an application system such as CASPA. So ignore the email (I wouldn't delete it just to be safe), but no need to do anything with it! 

I just called the USC PA Program to see what we are supposed to do with the youSC account and I was told that we actually do not need to make this account at all (no harm if you already did). This was sent out accidentally and is only used for the other graduate programs that you apply to directly through the University, not an application system such as CASPA. So ignore the email (I wouldn't delete it just to be safe), but no need to do anything with it! 

Thank you, do you know when the interview invitation will be sent out?

Hello ALL!

Long story short- I am a reapplicant to USC's PA Program. I was waitlisted last cycle. I graduated from CSU- Bakersfield. For this new cycle, I retook the first course of the general chemistry series and improved my grade. CSUB changed from quarter to semester system this past year. The new course has a new name from when I originally took it and isn't on the course equivalency page on your website yet. With this being said, I didn't want to add the new course on the supplemental application perquisite portion until I knew it would apply. 

I've called & left 2 messages and emailed the uscpa email & a counselor. I really wanted to get my money order and supplemental app done today... Does anyone know an alternate way to contact them?

Hi all,

After you guys submitted the supplemental were you able to log back into the account? It doesn't seem like my account exists anymore after I submitted and I just wanted to see if that was the same for you guys haha

Is there a way for us to see if USC received our check?

Thanks, good luck everyone:)

22 minutes ago, lpq said:

Hi all,

After you guys submitted the supplemental were you able to log back into the account? It doesn't seem like my account exists anymore after I submitted and I just wanted to see if that was the same for you guys haha

They sent me an e-mail saying they received all my material, including the check.

21 hours ago, nvocgka said:

They sent me an e-mail saying they received all my material, including the check.

Cool thanks! When did you submit your materials?

On 8/24/2017 at 2:48 PM, lpq said:

Hi all,

Were you ever able to log back into your account for your supplemental? I cannot log-in.. I've tried a number of different things/different browsers, and no luck.

7 hours ago, rosiepoo_unowho said:

Were you ever able to log back into your account for your supplemental? I cannot log-in.. I've tried a number of different things/different browsers, and no luck.

Nope. It doesn't seem like my account exists anymore after I submitted it.

2 minutes ago, 3chainz said:

Update: Just got an email for an interview on Sept 30th!!!

Thanks for the update!!! Can I ask you what date you got the email saying they received everything and were ready to review??? 

4 minutes ago, tcm123 said:

Thanks for the update!!! Can I ask you what date you got the email saying they received everything and were ready to review??? 

Just stalked my emails and looks like I submitted my USC supplemental on 5/25 and on 6/2 I got the email saying everything was ready for review. 

@3chainz congrats! I also received an invitation to interview for 9/30. This will be my second year interviewing at USC, and really loved the program last year. See you then!

Received an interview invite this morning for 9/30 as well. Good luck to everyone else!

Received an interview but will not be attending. Hopefully this opens up a slot for someone else. 

Congratulations on receiving the interview invite! I hope everything is okay! 

May I ask what interview date it was for? May I also ask what your stats were? 

Im a second year applicant to UsC just hoping I'll get a interview this year :/ 

22 hours ago, AllisonD said:

For those of you who got interviews (congrats!) how were you notified? 

Through email. 

Got an email to interview October 21!! I applied to this program last year and was denied an interview so super excited!

All of my materials were received as of September 11th. Hopefully it's not too late! Congrats to everyone for getting interviews! My stats are as follows:

GPA 3.98

Science GPA 4.0

GRE 315: Verbal 164, Quant 151, Essays 4.5

2000+ hrs PCE 

BA and MA in Cultural Anthropology

4 hours ago, eliam22 said:

Got an email to interview October 21!! I applied to this program last year and was denied an interview so super excited!

For people who are receiving interviews when was your application confirmed?

1 hour ago, hgross594 said:

For people who are receiving interviews when was your application confirmed?

I had everything in by May 30th

Does anyone have recommendations for hotels to stay at in the area? I have an interview October 21st and I will be coming in from out of town. 

I got an interview for Oct 21st as well, my "under review" email was sent on 7/14/17. I'm coming in from Texas, I'm a little hesitant about attending because I have already been accepted at UT Southwestern and the price here is crazy. . . however, it is an excellent school and I love California. . does anyone know if they offer scholarships?

On 9/25/2017 at 8:56 PM, morgan12 said:

Does anyone have recommendations for hotels to stay at in the area? I have an interview October 21st and I will be coming in from out of town. 

I have an interview this Saturday the 30th and will be staying at the westin because they take dogs. Will let you know how it is. 

On 9/25/2017 at 8:56 PM, morgan12 said:

I stayed at the Day's Inn on Main st. For my interview last year! Its only about 6 mins away, and its nice Because that street is like "downtown" there's a lot of restaurants, a small bars to walk aroun. It was really nice walking around the night before to calm your nerves! 

I received an interview invite earlier this week for November 11th. Super excited to have the opportunity to interview at my top choice!

CASPA Submitted: 07/16

CASPA Verified: 07/19

USC Supplement Submitted: 07/26 (check mailed 07/28)

USC Confirmation Email: 08/04

Looking forward to meeting some of you there! Good luck to those who are waiting to hear back and those who are interviewing next Saturday :)

11 minutes ago, QuinoaLoverYummy said:

Did anyone who interviewed on 9/30 hear back?? They said within 2 weeks right??

Hey! I interviewed on the 30th also and haven’t heard yet but I believe it could be any time now since it’s been two weeks :)