"EMT-Basic" or write it out, "Emergency Medical Technician-Basic"?

Hello All,

I'm so thankful for this forum, what a great resource as I work through CASPA.

My first question is, when filling out secondaries or my experience descriptions, should I use the abbreviated "EMT-Basic" or write the position out entirely, "Emergency Medical Technician-Basic"?

The same question would go for CNA, PA, MA, etc... should I just avoid abbreviating any of these anywhere in the application?

Thanks much!

Guest HanSolo

Best practice is to write it out fully once with the abbreviation in parentheses after, then just say the abbreviation from then on. However, if you're working against a short word or character count, no need to write out the whole thing. I wouldn't even add "basic." NREMT phased that out. It's just EMT now. 

Best practice is to write it out fully once with the abbreviation in parentheses after, then just say the abbreviation from then on. However, if you're working against a short word or character count, no need to write out the whole thing. I wouldn't even add "basic." NREMT phased that out. It's just EMT now. 

Awesome, I will go ahead write it out fully once with the abbreviation in parentheses after, and just "EMT" from then on. Thanks so much.

Archived