UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Mozilla826 said:

Honestly, I would say enjoy the free time that you have before the program starts. For those that get accepted there will be an academy for success before the semester starts.

Can you please tell me a little about how the exams are set up and if they are all on the same day? How do you prepare for each exams? How helpful are the professors? Are there any review sessions? 

Do you live on campus housing or in an apartment? What are your suggestion for living on campus? 

Honestly, I would say enjoy the free time that you have before the program starts. For those that get accepted there will be an academy for success before the semester starts.

Thank you for all the information! When did the academy for success begin ? Around what month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live off campus but there are housing options on campus. The exams are on Mondays. To prepare I usually read the assigned readings and do practice questions. If you need help the professors are always there to help...The best!

The academy for success is in early August 

Guest physasst3
2 minutes ago, zoltman said:

I emailed last Friday but they have not responded yet :(

They're taking way too long to let us know to be honest.

20 hours ago, physasst3 said:

They're taking way too long to let us know to be honest.

Dooooooood. I have to make a decision about my Lease by the 27th. After that I get fined a stupid amount of money for each day beyond. But if I make a decision and sign a lease somewhere and then have to cancel that lease because I do happen to get in, I also pay a stupid amount of money.

Halp.

4 hours ago, zoltman said:

Dooooooood. I have to make a decision about my Lease by the 27th. After that I get fined a stupid amount of money for each day beyond. But if I make a decision and sign a lease somewhere and then have to cancel that lease because I do happen to get in, I also pay a stupid amount of money.

Halp.

Can you sign a month to month lease where you are for now?

Also, has anyone tried calling?

Guest physasst3
23 minutes ago, SBarlow said:

Has anyone tried to call the department and ask? I am treading this fine line between being persistent and impatient. 

I emailed them twice like three weeks ago and took approximately two weeks to reply to one email. They told me the same thing they have been telling everybody else - still interviewing and reviewing patients.

25 minutes ago, physasst3 said:

I emailed them twice like three weeks ago and took approximately two weeks to reply to one email. They told me the same thing they have been telling everybody else - still interviewing and reviewing patients.

I may just call and ask again for an update. I don’t want to be scrambling to get in my application the next application cycle.  

Guest physasst3
17 minutes ago, ac03 said:

They are still interviewing. 

Did they tell you when they expect to inform us about getting accepted, denied, waitlisted?

Archived