UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

Hey guys, 

I interviewed on 11/27 and received a conditional acceptance! However, I emailed them back accepting my spot in the class this past Tuesday and its been 3 days and they haven't emailed me back. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same position or if Mrs. Mealer has been responding back?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, epaul07 said:

Hey guys, 

I interviewed on 11/27 and received a conditional acceptance! However, I emailed them back accepting my spot in the class this past Tuesday and its been 3 days and they haven't emailed me back. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same position or if Mrs. Mealer has been responding back?

I confirmed my acceptance on 11/20 and didn’t get an email response from Mrs. Mealer until 11/27! I know it’s nerve racking not hearing back but I’m sure you’ll hear back soon. 

To those accepted, I noticed that the my self service account saids my application is still “under review”. I received the acceptance letter already but was just wondering!

As with everyone else, I responded back accepting to Mrs. Mealer but I also have received no word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, evilla17 said:

To those accepted, I noticed that the my self service account saids my application is still “under review”. I received the acceptance letter already but was just wondering!

As with everyone else, I responded back accepting to Mrs. Mealer but I also have received no word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your self service will change once the graduate college approves it. I got accepted in early November and mine still hasn't been updated. I think they will update it once the full class is selected. Mrs. Mealer will probably respond after the holidays are over with. 

Hi guys I interviewed on nov 28th, just got my acceptance email on dec 20th and finalized my reply that  Saturday, ofcourse with the holiday I didn’t expect a reply, but i called the office today and seems like they’re not there. Just want to know if I should be concerned guys?? 

Im from out of state. This was my second time applying to schools. Let me now if you have any questions and if you can offer any advice about moving to the valley and about the program in general. 

36 minutes ago, msimrit@gmail.com said:

Hi there, I tried to search for the group, but only saw the pre pa group, could you please post a link to the group? 

search UTRGV pa, groups will pop up then if you hit see all you will find class of 2020! (Still can't believe it1) 

21 minutes ago, PAcmdub said:

Its been just under a month since I interviewed, no word. Do you guys think its worth asking for an update? Waiting is the hardest part.

I interviewed in early November and asked for an update. They are "still in the process of interviewing and reviewing applications at this time."

16 hours ago, kg8868 said:

I interviewed in early November and asked for an update. They are "still in the process of interviewing and reviewing applications at this time."

Oh budddyyy. That's actually relieving to hear. 

One of two things were flying in my head. One - they filled up all the spots and are devising a waitlist while they draft out a mass rejection. Two- they are still making decisions and 'One' hasn't happened yet.

best of luck to all out there waiting!

3 hours ago, zoltman said:

Oh budddyyy. That's actually relieving to hear. 

One of two things were flying in my head. One - they filled up all the spots and are devising a waitlist while they draft out a mass rejection. Two- they are still making decisions and 'One' hasn't happened yet.

best of luck to all out there waiting!

If they are still interviewing in Jan, which they are, then that means your latter assumption is correct. I don't think they're interviewing for waitlist spots. Per current student classes start again on Jan 16th so faculty may still be on break.

Archived