UTPA 2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, PAcmdub said:

I feel like she told me they were doing 300 interviews for 80 spots. Is it possible that they've done 300 interviews??

My interview was back in October and I was told that they had two separate rooms and were doing 6-8 interviews per day, per room. Assuming that they did interviews from 10/16-11/27 during the week they would have done more than 300 interviews.

34 minutes ago, mgomez said:

My interview was back in October and I was told that they had two separate rooms and were doing 6-8 interviews per day, per room. Assuming that they did interviews from 10/16-11/27 during the week they would have done more than 300 interviews.

Are you still waiting to hear back mgomez?

Welllllll peeps got an email Saturday afternoon saying I'm an alternate with conditional acceptance. I'm happy its not a no, and to have some kind of response! Buuuut the wait continues lol. Anyone have any idea how UTRGV handles the waitlist? Ranking? Or if there is much movement? 

Guest physasst3
30 minutes ago, PAcmdub said:

Welllllll peeps got an email Saturday afternoon saying I'm an alternate with conditional acceptance. I'm happy its not a no, and to have some kind of response! Buuuut the wait continues lol. Anyone have any idea how UTRGV handles the waitlist? Ranking? Or if there is much movement? 

Congrats! Like you said, it's not a no so there's still hope. When did you interview?

Guest physasst3
3 minutes ago, PAcmdub said:

Dec 12th :) I'm tempted to email them and ask about waitlist stuff but maybe some kind current students will save me lol!

I know what you mean! I did email Mrs. Mealer about two weeks ago and she has yet to reply. I imagine she's busy trying to finalize the class!

Guest physasst3
13 minutes ago, BooRoo said:

So does that mean the seats have all been filled? Anyone else get alternate /waitlisted?

I haven't heard of any more acceptances. @PAcmdub is the only person I've heard of that has gotten on the waitlist.

Not sure. I heard some had but I believe it was early on because they didn’t meet the minimum requirements to apply and/or didn’t apply to grad school as well. If Mrs Mealer was sending out waitlist on Saturday and acceptances on Wednesday I’m sure rejections are coming soon ? I’m still wondering if there are any available seats remaining. 

59 minutes ago, kg8868 said:

Do we know if anyone has been flat out denied yet?

12 hours ago, BooRoo said:

Really not sure whether to share or not but 2nd year student told me that the class has already been filled. :( Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to those on alternate list ?

Hopefully this means they'll send out the formal invitations soon.

Archived