2017-2018 Application Cycle

8 hours ago, 808hawaiinei said:

Hi! Hope the waiting game is getting better for everyone as the days go on! :) I was wondering that if my app was complete for Midwestern on 6/6 and haven't gotten rejected...does that mean I still have a chance? I see that some ppl got an interview already that has around the same confirmation date as me. Do they wait for a bunch of other applicants to apply and put me in that pool?

From what I can tell from previous application cycle threads, Midwestern doesn't send out rejections until they have filled the class (usually in the Spring). It seems like they keep ranking everyone as more applications come in and then send out interview invites accordingly. I hope that makes sense haha. Keep your chin up!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I saw that people have been sent invitations to interview as little as two days following their completed application. This is my second year applying to Midwestern; I was waitlisted for an interview within three days last cycle. I have yet to hear anything this cycle, however. I received the email that my application was under review on June 3. Anyone in the same boat? I am starting to feel a bit discouraged.

Hi all,
I saw that people have been sent invitations to interview as little as two days following their completed application. This is my second year applying to Midwestern; I was waitlisted for an interview within three days last cycle. I have yet to hear anything this cycle, however. I received the email that my application was under review on June 3. Anyone in the same boat? I am starting to feel a bit discouraged.

Same here. I got waitlisted for an interview too! However I did apply late last cycle and I definitely have improved from last year and haven't heard anything. Everything was complete a month ago too. But I'm thinking that they are still considering and for you too! *crossing fingers*

2 hours ago, 808hawaiinei said:

Same here. I got waitlisted for an interview too! However I did apply late last cycle and I definitely have improved from last year and haven't heard anything. Everything was complete a month ago too. But I'm thinking that they are still considering and for you too! *crossing fingers*

Ah, that makes me happy to read. I hope we both hear from them soon!

Interviewing on 8/3! I wasn't notified of the invite by email yet, I had logged into my portal just to check on things and I had a notification to schedule an interview. Looking forward to meeting everyone! I've applied to Midwestern before and I was waitlisted for an interview.

Hi All!

I just heard back form MWU tonight and was notified that I was put on hold for an interview. For those of you who applied last year and were put on hold for an interview...did you actually get an interview? I figured Midwestern is so popular that I probably won't even get an interview, but its better than nothing! This is my first time applying & my GRE scores (Math specifically) weren't the best. Good luck to everyone interviewing! So exciting! 

Hi All!
I just heard back form MWU tonight and was notified that I was put on hold for an interview. For those of you who applied last year and were put on hold for an interview...did you actually get an interview? I figured Midwestern is so popular that I probably won't even get an interview, but its better than nothing! This is my first time applying & my GRE scores (Math specifically) weren't the best. Good luck to everyone interviewing! So exciting! 

I got that email last year, but ultimately was never offered an interview. But, you may have better luck than I did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, brookerobinson said:

Hi All!

I have gotten that email the last two years and was never offered an interview. However, there were some people last year who said they were waitlisted for an interview and did end up getting one. I think they were offered one maybe around January? Don't lose hope yet!

On 7/24/2017 at 0:33 PM, SomedayaPA said:

Interviewing on 8/3! I wasn't notified of the invite by email yet, I had logged into my portal just to check on things and I had a notification to schedule an interview. Looking forward to meeting everyone! I've applied to Midwestern before and I was waitlisted for an interview.

I experienced the same thing. After reading your post last night I logged into my portal and saw that I was able to schedule an interview, but I hadn't been notified via email.

23 minutes ago, glamb11 said:

For those of you that have interviewed already or are scheduled to interview, how long did it take from the time you got the "application placed in line for review" email until you heard back from them with a decision? Thanks in advance! :)

CASPA Verified: 7/14

MWU Application complete email: 7/18

Interview Invite: 7/20 (for 8/4 interview)

Archived