P1524S

University of South Carolina PA Program 2017-2018

Hi, guys! I looked around and didn't see a new topic for this year's CASPA cycle for USC, so I started one here. 

I submitted my CASPA application on May 10th, received an email to do the supplemental application on May 11th, and submitted my supplemental application on May 11th. Now, I'm just waiting to hear back! 

Hi, guys! Super excited for everyone who is applying! I am currently a student at USCSOM's PA program, and I would love to answer any questions you guys have about the program.

Good luck!

Hi, guys! Super excited for everyone who is applying! I am currently a student at USCSOM's PA program, and I would love to answer any questions you guys have about the program.

Good luck!

Hi! Thank you for being on this forum. Do you know when they will be starting interviews and offering interview invites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey ya'll! Just found this topic and wanted to be a part of the action. Good luck to each of you! Hopefully our paths will cross in the future.

Interviews begin June 23!

Hi! Thank you for being on this forum. Do you know when they will be starting interviews and offering interview invites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also got an email and I was invited to interview on June 23. I responded back to the survey that they sent us but I haven't gotten anymore information. Has anyone else received an email with more details about the interview?

Good luck to everyone on their interviews!!  I just submitted my app today. I submitted most apps back in May but USC just told me they'd still allow me to apply even though my last couple pre-reqs won't be done until December 16th instead of 15th. So excited. My dad went to USC for undergrad. 

What were the timeline and stats  for those who received interviews?

Hey ya'll! I accepted an interview date for July 21st. I live in Columbia, if anyone other applicants would like to meet up for dinner the night before or explore the city after interviews please let me know, I would love to get together to try to lessen the stress of interviews!

Hi everyone! I applied here and completed my supplemental app today. Looking forward to hopefully receiving an interview!! Good luck to everyone who has interviewed so far!

On 5/23/2017 at 9:12 AM, 1st Year PA-S said:

Good luck!

Awesome! 

What are your favorite things about the program/what made you choose USC over any others?

Hotel recommendations? Interviewing on the 28th.

Thanks!

I have an interview on the 28th as well.  Can people from the 21st please report back with information regarding their interview.  Hey global PA, see you there.  I will have a red and blue tie on.

23 minutes ago, EmergencyMedicine said:

Can you please shed light on the nature of the MMI interviews(how intense, actors, roleplaying?)?  Also, what does USC SOM do better than any other schools.  I am so excited and ready for this interview, I have been working for almost 3 years to apply.  Thanks so much!

They have not given out any acceptance yet as far as I know. They told us (the 1st interview group) that it would be 4 weeks plus some days before we heard anything because they wanted to have another set of interviews before they accepted anyone. In my interview group there were 15 people. I would be careful digging for info outside of what they gave in the interview packet in order to keep it fair for all the other applicants. I can say that the purpose of the MMI and individual interviews is to measure non-cognitive abilities. Therefore, you won't be asked to solve any math or science problems. Be yourself and you will do fine! One of the really cool things is that you will see their ultrasound center!

48 minutes ago, HopefulTerrier said:

They have not given out any acceptance yet as far as I know. They told us (the 1st interview group) that it would be 4 weeks plus some days before we heard anything because they wanted to have another set of interviews before they accepted anyone. In my interview group there were 15 people. I would be careful digging for info outside of what they gave in the interview packet in order to keep it fair for all the other applicants. I can say that the purpose of the MMI and individual interviews is to measure non-cognitive abilities. Therefore, you won't be asked to solve any math or science problems. Be yourself and you will do fine! One of the really cool things is that you will see their ultrasound center!

Thanks!  

Please keep us posted.

Did they say how many students would be in the matriculating class?

Greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, mooreba92 said:

I have an interview for the 28th too!! How long does it take to receive the packet after confirming the interview?

Congrats, I got my email packet the next day.

To the people who are interviewing today, what timeline did they give you to hear something back? I still don't think anyone from the first group has heard anything back yet and it has been 4 weeks.