A word of advice for those going on interviews....

Take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, but after witnessing this on several occasions at interviews I felt the need to at least say this:

DO NOT UNDERDRESS

Guys: This means wear a jacket. Buy, borrow, rent one if you have to.

Girls: No sundresses, flip flops, or untucked blouses.

I say this only because when you're up against 20 other candidate who have the exact same credentials as you, admission decisions can look for the most minute details that separate you. Dance the dance when you have to, and for an interview deciding whether or not you get your dream career...dance monkey dance.

Now whether you dress in blue, black or gray is an entirely different conversation....

Take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, but after witnessing this on several occasions at interviews I felt the need to at least say this:

DO NOT UNDERDRESS

Guys: This means wear a jacket. Buy, borrow, rent one if you have to.

Girls: No sundresses, flip flops, or untucked blouses.

I say this only because when you're up against 20 other candidate who have the exact same credentials as you, admission decisions can look for the most minute details that separate you. Dance the dance when you have to, and for an interview deciding whether or not you get your dream career...dance monkey dance.

Now whether you dress in blue, black or gray is an entirely different conversation....

I'm surprised that this needs to be said.

Flip flops? Really?

Archived