2016 application cycle

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited to say that I just received an invite to come in for an interview in a couple of weeks!

USciences sent and email on June 29th stating they received my application. I was sent the supplemental on July 27th and submitted it about a week and a half later. 

Good luck to everyone! :) 

Hey everyone! I got an invite for an interview on the 29th as well :)

Does anyone have any recommendations for decent priced hotels in the area?

If you drive, I would recommend looking in the area of 19004 zip code or northeast philly. You could get a room under $100. If you don't drive, your best bet will be a hotel in the university city area but those are $150-$250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As mentioned previously, interviewed 9/22 and just got an email today stating that I was accepted!!!!

Congrats!! If you don't mind sharing, how was your interview experience? Is it true that they are now doing "multiple mini interviews" with a multitude of professors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello! Curious if anyone knows: do they accept applicants with outstanding pre-requisites? I have one class to finish, so don't want to apply if it's not permitted. I can't seem to find the info on the site. Thanks~

Hi WAMUCC, last year when I applied I had a couple of outstanding pre-reqs. I seem to remember them telling us we had to submit them by the end of December, or some time around then.

I only just received the Supplemental Application today.. Does anyone know how many interview sessions they hold and when the last one will be held?

I sent my supplemental application on Sept 19 and have not heard back yet. Has anyone heard back from them recently? 

Good Afternoon Pa2016 and Famous Amos,

Last year when I applied they seemed to go through times where no one heard from them for a bit and then there would be times where every other week they would be in contact.  I think they meet every 2 weeks and my guess is if that meeting gets canceled for some reason they skip that meeting and its then once a month.  So I wouldn't be too worried if you haven't heard back in awhile.

As for the number of interviews, I want to say its around 8-10 and I know the last one or two is when they interview for the waitlist.  You will know via email if you are interviewing for that list.  Best of luck to the two of you!

Best,

Phil

Interviews are still going, just be patient. It's over 2000 people that apply, and the class size is 40, so it's a lot to go through. And no, I don't know how many they interview. They'll do more after Christmas too. Last one or so will be for the waitlist as was mentioned. Don't lose heart (and definitely don't decline it!) if you just get a waitlist one. People still get in from that.

Archived