2016 application cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is from the USciences website about potentially losing accreditation... 

https://www.usciences.edu/samson-college-of-health-sciences/physician-assistant-studies/pafaq.html

What is happening with USciences’ PA program?

The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant Program (ARC-PA) has announced their intent to withdraw accreditation from our graduate PA program (MS-PAS).

Why has ARC-PA recommended accreditation be withdrawn?

Following a planned site visit in April 18-19, 2016, and panel review in September, ARC-PA notified USciences on October 4, 2016, that the University was not in compliance with 10 of the 108 total standards. ARC-PA informed the University the result was withdrawal of accreditation pending any appeals.

Is USciences appealing the decision?

Yes. Following the procedures established by ARC-PA, the University asked for reconsideration on November 2, 2016. On December 21, 2016, ARC-PA notified the University that the reconsideration was denied. In accordance with ARC-PA procedures, the University can request an Independent Appeal Panel process. USciences submitted the request for the Independent Appeal Panel on December 22, 2016, and is now awaiting the timing for that next step which is expected to occur by March 2017.

Is the USciences’ PA program still provisionally accredited?

Yes.

If I am in the Graduate PA program, will I still be able to finish the program and take the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE)?

Yes. All students currently enrolled in the graduate PA program (MS-PAS) will graduate from an accredited program. Therefore, those students will be able to sit for the PANCE exam upon graduation.

If I have been accepted to the program for the fall of 2017, what happens to me?

As the University works to pursue a successful appeal, we have also sought clarification on the grandfathering of students admitted for the fall 2017 semester, should the appeal be unsuccessful.

• 1 month later...

Looks like that's it for the program. Just got this email.

Thank you for your application to the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) program at University of the Sciences. Unfortunately, the PA program will not be accepting any new students for enrollment at this time. The University informed the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) it has voluntarily withdrawn from the accreditation process effective February 22, 2017. We wish you the best of luck in your career pursuits. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best,

Catherine G. Roth, MA

Looks like that's it for the program. Just got this email.

Thank you for your application to the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) program at University of the Sciences. Unfortunately, the PA program will not be accepting any new students for enrollment at this time. The University informed the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) it has voluntarily withdrawn from the accreditation process effective February 22, 2017. We wish you the best of luck in your career pursuits. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best,

Catherine G. Roth, MA

I just got the same email. So are the students currently enrolled safe, and what about the students who were just recently accepted? This is terrible

I just got the same email. So are the students currently enrolled safe, and what about the students who were just recently accepted? This is terrible

I received the same email!! What happened to the appeal they were supposed to do? Sounds like they just gave up!

I received the same email!! What happened to the appeal they were supposed to do? Sounds like they just gave up!

Maybe it was denied. I'm just hoping no one gave up another school just to attend this one, only to find out they lost accreditation

Maybe it was denied. I'm just hoping no one gave up another school just to attend this one, only to find out they lost accreditation

The email stated that the university voluntarily withdrew from the accreditation process, not that their appeal was denied. I too hope that no one has given up the seat elsewhere for the school. Actually if you go to the link posted earlier with the FAQ it looks like they explain it there

Archived