TTUSCH 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

Hi hwilson1216,

Thank you! I was wondering if you could give some pointers on what to expect at the interview? It says we have to write an essay, should I be worried about/preparing for this? I have the interview coming up in 5 days! 

Very exciting! Congratulations! I will be there for your student tour/ Q&A. 

For your interview, make sure you smile, have fun and be yourself (cheesy, I know). The whole purpose of the interview is to see if you will be a good fit for the program. They know you are smart, they know you are qualified (there is a reason you got the interview), they just want to get to know you. Make sure you know the answers to the basic questions: Why do you want to be a PA? What is the role of a PA? Where do you see the PA profession going in the next 10 years? Etc. But also be ready for some questions that may throw you off. Be prepared to think on your feet and come up with well thought out answers to questions you were never expected to get asked. You can't really practice for these, but you can remain calm, take your time thinking of a response and do your best. TTUHSC's interviews are very laid back compared to many schools, so don't freak out! 

For the essay, my prompt for last year involved explaining what the mission statement meant to me. Make sure you know what every school you go to is looking for (aka their mission and goals). I don't know what the prompt is this year, so I can't help you too much. 

You are going to have a fun time on Thursday- know how to talk about yourself, know how to be personable, and think of some personal questions to ask at the end!  

Hope this helps! 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very exciting! Congratulations! I will be there for your student tour/ Q&A. 

For your interview, make sure you smile, have fun and be yourself (cheesy, I know). The whole purpose of the interview is to see if you will be a good fit for the program. They know you are smart, they know you are qualified (there is a reason you got the interview), they just want to get to know you. Make sure you know the answers to the basic questions: Why do you want to be a PA? What is the role of a PA? Where do you see the PA profession going in the next 10 years? Etc. But also be ready for some questions that may throw you off. Be prepared to think on your feet and come up with well thought out answers to questions you were never expected to get asked. You can't really practice for these, but you can remain calm, take your time thinking of a response and do your best. TTUHSC's interviews are very laid back compared to many schools, so don't freak out! 

For the essay, my prompt for last year involved explaining what the mission statement meant to me. Make sure you know what every school you go to is looking for (aka their mission and goals). I don't know what the prompt is this year, so I can't help you too much. 

You are going to have a fun time on Thursday- know how to talk about yourself, know how to be personable, and think of some personal questions to ask at the end!  

Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much, it really was helpful! Hopefully I get to see you tomorrow! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed 10/31. For those who have already interviewed, how long did it take y'all to find out? Was it the full 2 weeks or before?

A little over two weeks to find out I was waitlisted (thursday afternoon). The people who got the acceptance email found out the next morning after waitlist emails went out (friday morning). 

Archived